ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for the wheel experts

306 GTI-6
I a looking to buy some OZ alloys, either Super Ts or Ultra Leggys.

My current wheels are 15x6j renaults with et43

The OZs are 16x7j with et37.

By my calculation this means the following:

Outside edge of the wheel will be 18.2mm further out than with the regular alloys.

Inside edge will be 6.2mm closer in.

Is this likely to interefere with the suspension? Before anyone says it, I don't want to use spacers. By the sme token, I can't afford to buy £600 alloys to find they don't fit. I also don't know anyone near me with alloys in the spec i have described to trial fit them to my car. But I just wonder how everyone can use wider wheels than standard.

Thanks in advance.

306 GTI-6
Thanks Fred.

Thought they would look good as they will sit better in the arches i.e not tucked so far in. Was a little concerned that there isnt enough space towards the suspenion etc to allow for the extra 6.2mm.

Think I will have to get the ruler out to check before I order them though.

306 GTI-6
Sounds good then. I will have to get them ordered - and will of course update my own thread with pictures once they are fitted.