ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question: Silver vision indicator bulbs.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to say hello to you all as im a new user and this is my first post.

Now onto my query: Im looking to get rid of the 'egg-yolk' effect my lights currently have and was wondering how good the Philips silver vision indicator bulbs are? They retail around £10-£13 pound, and I saw some similar sets on the 'bay' which were around half this price but not a recognised brand. Would you recommend I pay the extra for the Philips set or just go for the cheaper ones?

Any insights, guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
T12

Arctic 182
If it was me I'd go for the Philips ones mate. May be a bit more money but it's a well known brand & not some cheap knock off.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
think I paid about 3 quid on ebay for mine, why would you want to pay more?

Clio GT
I bought some cheap silver indicator bulbs on eBay and wondered why I was been cut up at junctions even more than normal after I had installed them. I checked them and when used in bright light they were virtually invisable.
A set of Philips Silver Vision bulbs were then installed and they could be clearly seen in all conditions.

You get what you pay for

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Thanks for your replies guys. In light of foggy's comment I think I will pay the extra for the Philips ones and have peace of mind.. its only an extra fiver after all.

Been looking into this further and im leaning towards buying a set of silvatec bulbs instead. Could anyone take a look at the following link and tell me if these bulbs are for the front headlamp indicator bulbs and not for side repeaters as im not sure if there is a difference and obviously don't want to purchase the wrong ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111399884775?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Yep, they are for the headlamp indicators.

Side rep bulbs are a lot smaller.
think I paid about 3 quid on ebay for mine, why would you want to pay more?
The quality is crap on the cheaper ones, there are some seriously shoddy ones out there.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I had cheap knockoffs in mine and as previously mentioned they were dangerously dim. Replaced with my OSRAM Diadems and it's much better now.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Thanks everyone, i will definitely be avoiding the cheap ones. I am likely going to go for the silvatec bulbs.