ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick mini service this morning!

Iceberg 172 Cup
Nice day and after an engine failure four years ago in my 182, (internal) i am defo keeping ontop of this baby. Previous oil was Shell Helix Ultra 5w 40 (as used by Ferrari) but at £47.99 for 5 litres i thought i'd try something else. Consulted the (very knowledgeable) people at the motor spares this morning and told em the situation. (there not your average wilco direct employees) and came home with this!

IMG-20120316-WA0003.jpg

Porsche highly recommend this stuff and was one of the best oils (Duckhams - not this model oil) back in it's day. Not many places stock it now but alot of main manufactuers still recommend this stuff.

A few highlights;

- Very GREEN in colour (to add excitement!)
- Smells good for oil! (yet to see Duckhams post shave in Boots though!)
- Best oil that Duckhams produce specific for high performance engines (fully synth)

Price including new oil filter (Bosch), 3 sump plugs (2 spares), 8MM Square Key (for removing sump plug) £37.99 in total!

IMG-20120316-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20120316-WA0004.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

New Magnecor UltraSports (previous owner)

IMG-20120316-WA0005.jpg

Quick shot of engine with no cover

IMAG0104.jpg

All done;

IMG_20120309_142232.jpg

Thanks! :cool:

renault clio cup 172
a recognise the reg also (a think), may of seen this for sale on pistonheads/autotrader, if it was this one am sure it was down as a cat C damage? as it was going for £1400 with 49k on clock?

Iceberg 172 Cup
a recognise the reg also (a think), may of seen this for sale on pistonheads/autotrader, if it was this one am sure it was down as a cat C damage? as it was going for £1400 with 49k on clock?

nope hpi clear this one boys! immaculate. 82k on clock!

Iceberg 172 Cup
OMG the engine is 10x quieter and smoother with this new oil in and the old oil wasnt even that old!!!!!! DUCKHAMS FTW!!!!!!!!!!! What a difference

Chocolate Orange 172
Simple oil and filter change can make a big difference, do you notice any difference with the Magnecor leads to the normal ones?

renault clio cup 172
nope hpi clear this one boys! immaculate. 82k on clock!
ah different car then mate lol, the reg plate is close to the one a saw then:), liken the plenum mate, a just done mines last weekend what a big different it makes.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The guy who had this car spent soo much time with it! I can't believe he's gone to a 1.2 corsa now :-S

Look at my threads for wales run pictures, you will see the some good pictures of this car in there :)