ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question about machine polishing!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello!

I started a proper paint correction session on my car yesterday, however the weather wasn't the best.

I use the sonus sfx combo (1, 2, 3) however i only managed to get through sonus polish 1 on a cutting pad before the heavens opened.

The weather was on and off all day so as soon as it was clear i ran out and applied some EGP to protect what id already done...

My question is, will i be ok to wash it next week, and carry on applying the sonus 2 and 3 ontop of my EGP or will i have to clay it all and start again?

Thanks

106 GTi
No need to clay, just wash and carry on where you got to. SFX 2 will remove the EGP you applied.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
thanks rich... im i right in thinking sfx 1 wont remove any swirling? as its sfx two which says swirl and scratch remover. and sfx3 is the finisher.

gonna get some collinite to seal aswell!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i have got that menzza intensive polish, but nothing to put on it to refine it.

i was also told by middo that the menzerna polish only works when its warm/in the summer

106 GTi
I use Menzerna all year round, can be a pain to use when cold as the work times can be long but unless under lots of time pressure I would still choose it over the others.

Worth getting some Final Finish then - IMO it is still the nicest finishing polish I have tried so far.