ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick question wishbones info help!!!

172 cup
hey im changing my wishbone bushes tonight but im unsure how you disconnect the anti roll bar from them wishbone can anyone help quickly before i go to me mates to do it lol if someone can get pics up to much appreciated

Matty

hello mate
they just unbolt from the arms - there's are clamp around the bush on each end of the bar. might need to lever the bar a bit. they're more difficult to get back on than take off as you need to be sure the clamp is sitting properly over the bush

meant to ask, did those bearings arrive in good time?

172 cup
is it the clamp that unbolts that goes around the anti roll bar? or is it a bolt inside the end of the anti roll bar? and it the a cap on them you have to pop off first to get to the bolt?
sorry for all the silly questions just never had the off before lol
yes got them mounts in time dude but now ive got k-tec solid ones now they go on tonight to lol

Matty

good, good

you don't need to disturb the inner bushes - just the ones on the bar ends. the clamp has a lug on one end that hooks into the wishbone and is bolted down the other end, compressing the bush - should be fairly obvious when you take a look at it. you can just twist the bar out of the way once you've disconnected the ends. more difficult to put back together than to disconnect

172 cup
i think i get ya man i should figure it out when i start doing it am i best to undo the clamp on the wishbone or the bush on the end of the anti roll bar?

Matty

the clamp goes around the outside of the bush - need to remove the bolt/nut and swivel the clamp to release the hook on the other end. it's under some tension so might need to lever the bar about

the bushes are pushed onto the end of the bar and should contain grease - i think they tend to split at the ends, releasing the grease. i've got part nrs. if you think you need new bushes. apparently, the inner bushes don't suffer as much