ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quietest exhaust available?

Thinking along the lines of a prospeed custom cat back jobbie.
Want it as close to normal as possible with maybe a slight burble if at all. If i could i would kep my standard one but its finished lol.
Any other recommendations?

its kinda snapped between the cat and backbox. not that many miles though as it was replaced under warranty when i had the supersprint.
Mayb 2 years?
Fred... YS do a quiet exhaust?!!? lol

i would say our new stealth, but then that would be biased! its bloody quiet though

that the one that's on the 1.2 Cup? I was quite surprised how quiet the exhaust noise was actually... could still hear you after Eau Rouge and well beyond though... bloody induction noise carries itself for miles. I think I may have a problem at certain tracks with mine as the induction noise is "apparently" louder according to 9 lives :eek:

Lionel Richie
no, the one on the 1.2 is a one off, you really think we would sell something as ugly as that! thats just for noise restricted circuits

Lionel Richie
its kinda snapped between the cat and backbox. not that many miles though as it was replaced under warranty when i had the supersprint.
Mayb 2 years?
Fred... YS do a quiet exhaust?!!? lol

yeah, its almost factory noise level!

williams and trophy
you will def struggle to get thru noise regs at most tracks i reckon mate tbh.

was surprised at how quiet yozzas was too....well..quiet for yozzas anyway lol. altho i didnt really hear it on full chat

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i want a new exhaust but i want it quiet, all the ones on the market are bit too loud for me atm,

i know GDI are looking into a new quiet system

fred you got any more info on yours? ill be after one in the next couple of months depends where GDI are at by then

Lionel Richie
you feeling alright??? asking me about something i sell! jesus christ!!

i'm putting a thread up later hopefully with some in car video clips etc etc

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
if u sell something i want ill buy it,

aslong as there isnt a better one available on the market :p

look forward to it.
Cat back i take it? is is actually properly hidden of is it hidden like ktec which isnt hidden at all lol.

Prices too pls.

BMW M135i
I'm on the lookout for a quiet stealth too and this could tick all the boxes I think. Get some details up!

ZT 1.8T
see right iv came up with something, i dont know if its already been done but a section of "iris'" in ur exhaust. Like on stargate, a metal iris that u can open to unrestrict the exhaust = performance but comes with noise, and close it slightly to reduce noise for road use. An adjustible baffle u could call it.

M2 Competition
Dansta, get a prospeed quiet stealth.

Baldylocks has one and is by far the nicest exhaust ive seen/ heard on a 172. Sounds as standard with a slight burble, nice and non raspy when you're on the beans, and completely hidden away under the bumper.

williams and trophy
rolls royce/bentleys used to have these in the good old days. apparently, i mean wewre talking maybe 60's 70's stuff.

Baldylocks has one and is by far the nicest exhaust ive seen/ heard on a 172. Sounds as standard with a slight burble, nice and non raspy when you're on the beans, and completely hidden away under the bumper.

Agreed, John's exhaust makes a brilliant noise.

:cool:

I am very happy with it. The K-tec stealth I had before was too boomy around 3000rpm(this is coupled with a sports cat btw). Basically I told Charlie at Prospeed I wanted an exhaust that was'nt too boomy in normal driving - and he delivered. It gets slightly louder once its hot but nothing too intrusive (I actually leave my parcel shelf out so I can hear it better when gunning it now - go figure!). Was definately well worth the trip to Cardiff.

Dansta - if you're any where near Reading I'd happily give you a demonstration.

1.8 Civic EX

:cool:

I am very happy with it. The K-tec stealth I had before was too boomy around 3000rpm(this is coupled with a sports cat btw). Basically I told Charlie at Prospeed I wanted an exhaust that was'nt too boomy in normal driving - and he delivered. It gets slightly louder once its hot but nothing too intrusive (I actually leave my parcel shelf out so I can hear it better when gunning it now - go figure!). Was definately well worth the trip to Cardiff.

Dansta - if you're any where near Reading I'd happily give you a demonstration.

I'll second that, I have a pro speed stealth too.

write up here..
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253820&highlight=prospeed

Grrr, Reading is a good hour away. Really fancy hearing this.
How much was it fella? feel free to pm me.