ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quietest Exhaust that still 'breathes'?

172 (sold), Elise,
My newly bought Ph2 172 has a twin exhaust. I actually like the sound but it does drone on the m'way and I want something quieter and more stealthy.

If possible I would also like to release cheap power - decat by choice.

Is it possible to get a quiet decat system?

If not (as I suspect) what is the quietest stealth exhaust out there?

I considered going back to standard but hear they just fall apart!

Clio 2.0 172
You have a TVR Tuscan and you're worried about noise? haha

As for exhausts,I beleive Milltek's are quite quiet,or Scorpian. I'm sure I've read that a Milltek even with a decat isn't all that loud

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
To be fair a loud V8 sounds better than a droning 4 pot lol

I did ask this question a while back and would also like to know what systems are free flowing and quiet, but got little in the way of answers. I don't believe there is such a thing on Clio's! Could use a silenced decat, what difference it will make I have no idea though!

I thought they only did super loud systems? If not then this may be the solution I'm looking for, although I dont want a stealth as the bumper is already cut! Oh, is this a 2.5" system and any ideas on the price?

Lionel Richie
no yozza do do a quiet stealth system for the 172 (more on the way too)

the 172 system is the quietest system out there (yes sean and dave you'll disagree :rasp:)

i was involved in the development of it

they don't however do an uber quiet "sticky out tail pipe" one though

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

the 172 system is the quietest system out there (yes sean and dave you'll disagree :rasp:)

lol..

I agree the k-tec stealth is quite noisey tbh.

Fred, can I be a pedantic t**t and ask how quiet? I'd ilke a DB type idea so I know for sure, as 'quiet' is very subjective. One mans quiet is another mans loud! lol

Something 80db or less I could live with (including the "sticky out tail pipe" obviously! :p)

Lionel Richie
db is a funny old measure as you will know, 1 day an exhaust can be 90, another day it can be 93, it depends which way the wind blows, yadda yadda yada!

hence why quoting db readings IMO is a bit of a cheat

i'll honestly say, hand on heart its certainly under 10% louder than OE under load

[YOUTUBE]WSMN0R0cRvo[/YOUTUBE]

note - i'm on about the stealth YS here, the "sticky out tail pipe" ones are considerably louder

if say the stealth is 80db
the sport is 90db
the supersport is 95db

(not exact figures, but to give you an idea)

ph2 172
I've had a YS Stealth for 18mths or so, and I really don't think that video does it justice.

As an old duffer who didn't want a loud exhaust, I thought it was most definitely louder than standard when I first installed it, and a bit boomy at m-way speeds. However it soon mellowed, and it now has a satisfyingly deep tone that hints at performance, but it never gets loud and is completely un-intrusive when cruising. Overall I've been very pleased with it.

thought they could have done a better job of the welding though :rasp:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got a ktec stealth and its quite while cruising at motorway speeds. Only problem with the standard system is its too heavy for the rear exhaust hanger.

Lionel Richie
YS stealth
DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg