ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.I.P msremmerts Clio. 28-03-14

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well....this is the kind of thing I hope I never have to post again.

Met up with msremmert this morning to go over the planned route for the 6th.
Lovely chap with a lovely motor.

Our day started out like this.

IMG_1132.jpg

And sadly....ended like this.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

Everything else in between soon became irrelevant after watching the car flip and roll in my rear view.
Thankfully msremmert made it out with just a bump to the head and a few little scratches on his nogging.

I shall leave it down to him to add the finer details.

R.I.P msremmerts Clio.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Fcuk me, glad to here he is ok.
These french tin boxes are strong little things.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So glad everyone is ok and that its just the car that took the worst, On saying that i would be gutted to see my car in that state.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've had a few moments like that myself before and it's never nice to see. Glad everyone is alright though.

EDIT - £30 for the Cup spoiler lol

f**k sake mun absolutely gutted, glad ur ok tho Mike couldn't believe it when I had the text.
I'm sure it will T-cut out tho (sorry had to be done)
I know of a lovely Type-R if your interested :rasp:

320d
Forget the bloody car it can be replaced for £ 2500, I thought the lad had died!!!

Glad he is ok, car looks to have done him proud.

I'm forced to admit somebody was looking over me today and I don't even want to think about what would have happened if someone had been coming the other way.

For those who are interested, the back end slid out (unsure what on) on a left hand bend, I attempted to correct it on the approaching right hand bend but the car was having none of it. Hedge and telegraph pole and a bit of tumbling in the air tell the rest of the story.

My mind isn't quite as sharp as it normally is and everything from the impact onwards feels like a bit of a blur. I took a fair old clout to the head but the air ambulance crew (yes a helicopter showed up) and the police said I was lucky to have literally just got up and walked away, albeit while pulling a few bits of glass out of my head.

I'm absolutely heartbroken about the car though.

Dear Clio. I am so sorry. I salute you - you were one hell of a character.

I'm still debating whether to buy it back and break it. The engine was strong and the belts were only done 10,000 miles ago but it was such an impact I've no idea what to expect but I think I'm going to go for a bit of cheap motoring for a while to save some additional cash and do the whole car thing properly again.

I've really gotta give my thanks to Filters for being there though. He was bloody good, closed the road off and kept everyone in the know.

clio 182 FF
Bloody hell! Glad hes ok. As said, the car can be replaced for 2k.

It looks like the cars stood up to the impact pretty well though which is reassuring.

Full Fat 182
ouch... glad you walked away with only minor injuries. Really sorry about the car though :(

Some little twerp broke into my first car and for some reason insurance company wrote it off as cat C, then I was offered to buy back after the insurance payout for £80. It was only a little Corsa B but the only damage caused was a broken steering wheel and plenty of blood from where the twit had tried to knick off with the ICE install only to discover housing can be rather sharp. Needless to say Forensic guy had a field day and it left me with a grin from ear to ear after quite a sore day stuck 300 miles from home without a car!

If you do get it back to break I'll take dibs on the steering wheel ;)

Last edited:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ripping the wheel and strut off + a roll for good measure, proper job that, none of this pussy sh!t ive been seeing on here lately.