ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R/O/S Cluster keeps blowing bulbs.

Clio 172
Gents,

Anyone know why my rear brake light cluster keeps blowing brake light bulbs? - literally will only last 3 days max.

Also the other day, replaced the bulb and then the indicator bulb stopped working in the same cluster. Parked up and when back out to it an hour later and after a couple of right turns it start working again?!?

So any ideas why this is happening? - No rusty pins.

Cheers
Al

Clio 172
SERV and Traction Control light are now on, fault code is reading something like brake lights going open circuit?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Is it earthed?

behind driver side rear light take the carper out and clean the earth point,

Unscrew the light unit out, Pop the cluster out, Take the bulbs out, Clean the contacts.

Spray the contacts with wd40 and let it soak for a bit..

Put it all back, Take the carpet out from behind the light unit, Unscrew the bolt, Clean the earth. But i doubt it will need cleaning. Make sure the bolt goes back in tight for a good earth.

^This might help, Im not sure, But its the first thing id try.

Id also be looking at the fuses, Might have a too high amp fuse in.

Clio 172
Well after a bit of investigating, turns out that the connector going into the back of the cluster was slightly worn.

The pins inside were a little loose for the brake light and not making a connection, although were when I stripped down the light, so everytime it went I thought a blub was going.

Tonight I stripped it down and looked at the connector and the last pin slot on the right was really bent outwards and couldn't of been making a proper connection, stripped the plug and bent all the pins inwards to make a proper connection, hopefully this will now sort out my mysterious problem!

Just thought I'd post up a solution just incase anyone else had the same problem.