ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R19 Turbo D dash cluster connection? little help

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
14776324531_06eb3bda60.jpg

as the picture shows, does the three connector points at the top look anything like a clio mk1 cluster?

or does anyone have a picture of a mk1 clutster?

ive never come across a connector type like this,, im used to connectors with pins lol.

clio dci , ren8
That is the same as how a mk1 cluster is ,they also run signal wires off the speedo cable on a mk1

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ay? i though it was just a speedo cable , from box ( driven by the gear inside the box ) and the other end just pushes onto the speedo part.

wheres the signal wires go to ?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
ay? i though it was just a speedo cable , from box ( driven by the gear inside the box ) and the other end just pushes onto the speedo part.

wheres the signal wires go to ?

I'll dig out a pic for you, the speedo wires cause idle problems on the valvers when they're busted/missing. The wires are actually on the speedo cable itself & plugs into the dash loom

Can see the plug on the end of the cable here

IMG_6053.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I should be alright with just the cable from box to clocks. I'm going for mechanical injection pump , so all the idle is governed by the idle screw on the fuel pump

unless the speedo doesn't work without the wire?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
The cable will work fine as it's purely mechanical, the wires are basically just earths & mk1's are total pricks with idle issues from dodgy earth connections but with it being diesel I've got no idea if it will have an effect or not lol!

Here's the back of some valver clocks

2014-07-30162233_zpsd550b4c5.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Irrc I'll get away with it. The engine only needs 12v fused feed to the pump stop soliniod.
And the start to get it going.

Theres a weird two prong connector behind the rev meter on these clocks. I presume it's the random two pin plug that allot of people have found hidden on the loom