ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26 Detail - ShineDetailing

Megane R26
Went to see Adrian down in Sunny (that's debatable) Portsmouth for a little detail. Renault obviously used the dropped sponge in gravel that they always do. Really pleased with the result. Big thumbs up to Ady for his work. Highly recommended. Main process was Megs #80 for correction, Meg's Tech Wax for sealing, both by PC, and Pinacle for the end gloss. We used Meg's #83 on the bonnet as a glaze, as this was our first panel, but realised the rest of the car didn't need it. Going to do a 24hr cure of tech wax, then get some P21's or Pincale, might even try the new Dodo Juice Wax's.

Plug time - http://www.shine-detailing.co.uk/

Pics%20111.jpg

Pics%20114.jpg

Pics%20115.jpg

Pics%20117.jpg

Pics%20126.jpg

Pics%20129.jpg

Pics%20133.jpg

Pics%20141.jpg

Pics%20155.jpg

Pics%20156.jpg

Pics%20160.jpg

Pics%20168.jpg

Pics%20179.jpg

Pics%20180.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
is the side moulding on the R26 not painted in gloss, is it like the 172 cups?

not noticed before but from these pics it looks matt to me, or is that just on the black car or is it the angle?

thanks

p.s. looks good btw

ST
My dads meg 130 dci is silver and his are the same colour as the body work tho again just plastic not painted.

M140i
I use tech wax to seal the car, works well imo :) When I had my black 182, I didnt polish it for well over 9 months and the water still beaded brilliantly and the depth was quality!

106 GTi
I use tech wax to seal the car, works well imo :) When I had my black 182, I didnt polish it for well over 9 months and the water still beaded brilliantly and the depth was quality!

Thats good going - not ever got anymore than a 3 or 4 weeks out of it here.

mazda 2 sport white
looks better with the megane bade off the back ,first thin i'm doing to mine
when i get it .:clap:

I look a bit shifty there lol.

Bit worried that you saved a picture of me tbh ;)

I had no idea who you were on the forum, Ady just referred to you as Tom lol

Broken Diesel Megane :(
looks good. went to test drive one yesterday in liquid yellow. god i love the noise the brake smake as they suck in the air. brilliant. also aberdeen renault have the only nimbus r26 to be made for uk use as it is a mainland europe colour only, but a f**k up at the factory meant that it went out anyway.

Audi TT 225
Nice! Looks stunning :D

I want a 26... seriously thinking of selling my ph-rattle and going for it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice! Looks stunning :D

I want a 26... seriously thinking of selling my ph-rattle and going for it.

My housemate has one... he let me drive it last week, have to say it drives very well even just cruising. As for those who said its not an every day car - what are they talking about?!? It feels light and agile, and the suspension isn't even that hard at all.

Also, it feels solidly screwed together. Only thing I would be concerned about is the fuel consumption, his averages about 17 - 20 mpg, not even driving that hard.

Having said that if you go through a broker you can get a specced R26 brand new for just over £15k, so that will save you enough petrol for a while! A very solid package in my opinion.

Sure they are nice, but I'm yet to meet an owner that's not been back to the dealer for warranty work.

TeZ

Non RS : (
they could have colour coded/Sprayed the sidestrips lol lovely car really good job mate

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I thought the side strips were colour-coded or is that down to my ignorance and not really noticing prior to now? ;)

Tys.