ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R32 owner nearly been Carjacked by a Clio!!!

New user here from www.uk-mkvs.net
Basically tonight I was very nearly car jacked by a Silver 182 in South Liverpool (the car had Xenons)
So has anyone lost a silver clio in these parts recently? if you have I feel damn sorry as theye wer quite determined guys desperate to add an R32 to there collection, anyway I ll just cut and paste the story from the other forum.

Right coming home from my folks tonight, I aproacehed a local roundabout and a silver clio 172 sport crossed over going the other way and nearly flipped it... I thought to myself, jees hes gonna crash or that must be knicked!

I carried on on before I knew it I had clio klingon, he tried to go the wrong way round a roundabout flashing me, at this point I thought race so gunned it... then I thought no stolen, concentrate, 2 more lanes and country roundabouts and a couple of 80mph speed bumps he was on me, so I indicated left but did a u-turn.. at this point I was parallel with the Clio... 4 lads with Balaclavas on (or northface hats and black scarfs) so I really drove the R32 like Id stolen it...
I am talking 80-90 mph over speed tables and there still trying to overtake me...

I did a mile like this to my local police station, where I piled the r32 nearly through the front door (station closes at 6) and held my had on the horn whilst dialing 999 with the other.. (they only drove off when I hit the horn I am sure thwy were considering trying it on outside the cop shop)

Before anyone slates me for not giving the car too them and for driving that fast in a speed bumped area.. I had no choice the likely hood of them just taking that car without me getting stabbed or a kicking was low... these are the gangs that are doing stuff like this round here.. would you stop and politely get out and give them your keys?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey! Sounds worrying to say the least. Some quick thkning you did mate.

If someones 182 has been knicked they haven't realised/posted here yet.

Welcome btw :)

I hope it was stolen and not a memeber... LOL
Im alright now but having a good stiff brandy.. probably be more shaken in the morning...
TBH alot of thefts and jackings are being reported on the golf forums ATM

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Wow thats scary, hope your ok! I would never have stopped I think you made right decision mate!

Clio MK2 172
Fck me, thats mental...! I would have crapped myself when I saw the Balaclavas. Good thinking driving to the Police station though...

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Jesus mate!!
I would have done the same, as you said if they were that determined to get the car who knows what the would have done to you if you had got out. Lucky you werent caught at traffic lights etc!

182trophy & Williams
I hope it was stolen and not a memeber... LOL
Im alright now but having a good stiff brandy.. probably be more shaken in the morning...
TBH alot of thefts and jackings are being reported on the golf forums ATM

Thats fooking crazy mate. You definately did the right thing, you would deffo be in hospital if you had stopped.just shows how good our clio sports our;)

what did the ob have to say?

cock mobile.
Not good at all!

Glad you managed to get away, make sure you've got a handsfree kit on at all times next week with 999 on quick dial in case you need to make a very quick call under pressure.

Here about a lot of people having to sell their nice cars for basic sheds because of this sort of thing :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You definitely did the right thing. Not being funny, but if none of those other three passengers were crapping it, trying to keep up with an R32 by their deranged driver - then clearly they must be unhinged to start off with.

Very scary. Just shows you in cases like this, that they will almost go to any length to nab cars - even endangering themselves in the process. :(

D.

Mk4 .:R32
Kn0bs. My mate almost got carjacked/battered in blackpool recently. some gimps in a golf pulled up next to him, 2 lads got out walking towards the tell him to no f**kin move. Obviously my mate drove off and the guys whacked and kicked his car. good job its a shoite punto

Iceburg 172FF
glad you got away without injury and still with your motor, scumbags like that should be shot!

Sounds like a lot of drivers on this forum tbh, fella lol.

Don't recall hearing of one being nicked today though, but not every 1*2 driver comes on here. If it was nicked I'm surprised they didn't give you a few bumps.

Good job you weren't a B road . The 172 would have you in the twisties ;)
lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd be a little scared if that happened, no idea what i'd do!

Confused was this actually you and was it a 172 or 182?

CBR1K, F21 125D
my bf is a member on mk 3 gsi owners club or wateva it is and soo many gsi's are bein nicked or carjacked its unreal!!!!:eek: i would of s**t myself if i was u m8 quick thinking thou

Flipping heck that must of been really scary.
The thing people do...and the audacity.
Like the one where they put a dustbin in the road...you get out to move it and they
nick your car.

thats bad that! glad you got away, my first car got knicked from outside my parents house when i still lived there, in netherton, liverpool.

Found it again but still pissed me off! Now living in bacup lancashire so my 182 is hopefully safe fron them! my fiancee used to drive from burnley to liverpool before we got this house, in her type r, shudder to think of them doing that to her!

Good thinking matey