ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:R32

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Flol! Only me and you would spend good money on a car then sell it.

Yah, daft from a financial perspective, but necessary from a conscience one. I'd like to think that if you buy a car from me you know its been looked after properly, plenty of ex-'Sir_Dave' owned cars on here would testify to that i hope :eek:

Never above 25mpg
Question for you Dave, my mate has a grandad spec Golf+ but he's finally opened up to the idea of splashing some cash on it (it's a 2.0TDi) so he's bought himself the RCD 200? Or something like that to play copied CDs and have an Aux in but was wondering about buying himself some interior.

Would the MK5 GTi/R32 or jetta leather/half leather interiors fit without much hassle??

Leon Cupra 300
lol.. I can't quite believe it's going after spending probably around £500 on suspension parts! Or going at all.. I think you'll regret it. :-(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Would the MK5 GTi/R32 or jetta leather/half leather interiors fit without much hassle??

Yeah should do, all you'd need would be say a Gti leather interior/doorcards and then perhaps 10 minutes of coding in VAGCOM for the airbags. Makes a massive difference to the interior as well!!

lol.. I can't quite believe it's going after spending probably around £500 on suspension parts! Or going at all.. I think you'll regret it. :-(

Ha ha, i had been buying the suspension parts over time tbh, so the only thing i paid for at the weekend was labour at circa £285, so wasnt quite as painful!! Poly bushing everything has definately made everything harder, although admittedly, the roads on my journey to work are horrific, pothole/manhole/speedbump central :eek: The latter part about regret, more than likely, so it'll be a gradual sale lol, not in any real rush.

No change here! I'd love it but I couldn't stomach the fuel unfortunately.

Its really not as bad as everyone thinks, certainly no worse than a 330i ...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dave I think every car you sell is for the house fund, then you just spend it on something else anyway lol.

I'd just enjoy the R32 for a while longer as you'll only buy something else as equally thirsty etc

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave I think every car you sell is for the house fund, then you just spend it on something else anyway lol.

Yeah, there is that. But im now in a situation where our rent is obscene, & whilst Sarah has the money sat in her bank account for a deposit, its very much me holding up proceedings now. Ive delayed the inevitable as long as i can really :eek:

Leon Cupra 300
I had a year out when bought a house, it wasn't too bad.. I got a diesel Focus and quite enjoyed trying to get silly MPG's out of it. Did get boring, though..

Turbos.
IMG_3321.jpg

You, Sir (Dave), are quite mad.

A quick question, what are those number plates on the car on the right? Keep seeing them; common, yet surely foreign?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Such a bloody good car. Hopefully someone will snap it up mate.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Such a bloody good car. Hopefully someone will snap it up mate.

Yeah, is blooming lovely!! Would certainly never find another one with all the options that are on it, most are properly poverty spec, or £12k. Will no doubt regret selling it, but cant have that much money tied up in a car anymore really.

Part ex for a X5? :p

Just need a straight sale im afraid, dont think im gansta enough for an X5 though really ;)

Haldex going with it or selling separate?

Would probably have offered it with the car, but if someone wanted to buy it sooner, id remove it & package it up.

Pricewise, id be wanting £650 delivered - they are circa £1100 new iirc :)

53 Clio's & counting
If it helps I can vouch for the car, it is a nice one and feels very solid - a well looked after R32 should cover miles well and it feels like it has done half the mileage.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If it helps I can vouch for the car, it is a nice one and feels very solid - a well looked after R32 should cover miles well and it feels like it has done half the mileage.

Cheers Russ, much appreciated.

FWIW, i only bought it after taking it to Russ's VW dealership to get him to check it over and give it the all clear :)

If he'd said it was a poor one i wouldnt have bought it!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
This car simply keeps giving!! Bills lol.

Removing coilovers on Saturday and notice that the passenger inner cv joint is a bit loose (might be the cause of the slight rattle), then when dropping the hub on the drivers side to remove the strut the drivers side cv joint pulls out. Seems that the US guides suggest removing the driveshaft prior to removal, but the UK guide i was using didnt. 345mm disc and huge caliper = heavy = doh.

Got everything back together, & am greeted by a big vibration upon accelerating at 50mph+. This indicates that the drivers side inner CV joint has cr4pped itself. A £50 part you would think? Nope. £184 from VW only, on back order as well (for 10 days), or i can buy a driveshaft for £475 and get it immediately.

FFS, thats another £368 in parts alone (+£220 if i get someone else to fit them).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

BMW M135i
Whats the part number on the CV joint? I've had one recently and it was only £120 and avaliable next day, the part number was the same for every model under the sun for the one I ordered.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Whats the part number on the CV joint? I've had one recently and it was only £120 and avaliable next day, the part number was the same for ever model under the sun for the one I ordered.

Not sure, will find out tomoz - was yours inner/outer?

Looking around i can get front outer, rear inner & rear outer from ECP/GSF, but front inner is VW only :(

BMW M135i
Inner, just had a look and yep its the same one.

1K0 498 103 A for a new one at £160
1K0 498 103 AX for service exchange at £125

I went service exchange and got it next day, was a new joint as far as I could tell.