ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R34 GT-R V-Spec II

330i. E30 Touring.
So your Mum gets taken away for a while and you get given a different Mum, she cooks, she cleans, etc she does everything a Mum does. But it's not your Mum.

I find it hard to believe that you're ignoring the fact that people actually bond with their cars. Not only is it an insensitive thing to say on someones thread when they've just had their pride and joy stolen, but it's also complete and utter tripe. I'd like to know if you'd feel the same way if something close to you got stolen, but never mind "no harm done".

You and I think differently.

A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know they don't come from factory with a tracker but come on! It's probably one of the most sought after cars around, especially given the cult status. Tracker would be the least of my measures.

I know they don't come from factory with a tracker but come on! It's probably one of the most sought after cars around, especially given the cult status. Tracker would be the least of my measures.
I wouldn't have thought an insurance company would entertain insuring you not having one tbh..

Clio
So your Mum gets taken away for a while and you get given a different Mum, she cooks, she cleans, etc she does everything a Mum does. But it's not your Mum.

I find it hard to believe that you're ignoring the fact that people actually bond with their cars. Not only is it an insensitive thing to say on someones thread when they've just had their pride and joy stolen, but it's also complete and utter tripe. I'd like to know if you'd feel the same way if something close to you got stolen, but never mind "no harm done".
Love the emotion.

Reminds me of a time when I was younger. Me and blankie were inseparable. As long as me and Blankie were together I felt that anything was achievable, it was my rock. I couldn't go to bed at night without knowing Blankie was there with me. Then one day I returned home and Blankie was gone, god did I find it hard, I cried, i cried and was distraught. My family did as much as they could to comfort me and help me through it but it was no good I just couldn't move on.
It wasn't until later that things got better. Mum went back to the park and there was Blankie left on the bench where she had been watching me play. It was tough being 3 years old.
il_340x270.472167444_hpw6.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Love the emotion.

Reminds me of a time when I was younger. Me and blankie were inseparable. As long as me and Blankie were together I felt that anything was achievable, it was my rock. I couldn't go to bed at night without knowing Blankie was there with me. Then one day I returned home and Blankie was gone, god did I find it hard, I cried, i cried and was distraught. My family did as much as they could to comfort me and help me through it but it was no good I just couldn't move on.
It wasn't until later that things got better. Mum went back to the park and there was Blankie left on the bench where she had been watching me play. It was tough being 3 years old.
il_340x270.472167444_hpw6.jpg
If you really cared about Blankie you would have given him a capital letter from the start. I feel like Blankie could be replaced easily :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Sad news and I went to that college for four years.
Probably stolen to order and I bet severn valley motorsport knows something about it too.
Hope you get it back unmolested.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Not in the slightest IMO.

It's a fact - own a car like that and theft is a very real possibility. So as long as it's insured and nobody was hurt, no real harm done.

Apart from...

1. Having your pride and joy stolen
2. Being left out of pocket by shite insurance valuations
3. Being left out of pocket by increased insurance premiums
4. Not having a car.

Meh, no harm done. You should get your car stolen every week, it's no biggy.

Apart from...

4. Not having a car.

Whilst I agree it's crap and a horrible thing to happen (I felt sick when my car was only broken in too) the two people I know that have had cars stolen got more money in return that what they personally valued it at. There's not many of these about for sale so hopefully for him it's easy enough to prove it's value.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Ohh are we playing Cluedo now? Sweet, I think I'll be pretty good at throwing random names under the bus too, based on utter bullshit :smiley:

I'm gonna go for Hans - needed more money for Vegas, boom done.

I think he's taken it with him. He's blasting down the strip in it as we type.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive lived in telford all my adult life and if you knew these people and how they originally funded severn valley motorsport you would have reservations too.
I wont digress any further as clearly the CID are in town on CS today so ill leave it there.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ive lived in telford all my adult life and if you knew these people and how they originally funded severn valley motorsport you would have reservations too.
I wont digress any further as clearly the CID are in town on CS today so ill leave it there.

Hang on a minute, less high horse. A car gets nicked and you randomly name a car tuner as the more than likely guilty parnter, based on nothing. You could sued for that.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If it helps, i know exactly what you meant.
I'd imagine that quite often the type of people that highly modify such cars are very much "cash income" and/or "distribution" types of people, similar with Cossies/scoobies/evos etc. So the communities/tuners would naturally hear gossip on occasion. Naturally SVM are perfectly legit, but the people that buy from them might not always be.

Snotter's
Load of tosh, if your into distribution then you wont be driving around in a Skyline or any other modded Jap car.

It might be what you see in Fast and Furious but not in real life!!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Load of tosh, if your into distribution then you wont be driving around in a Skyline or any other modded Jap car.

It might be what you see in Fast and Furious but not in real life!!

Enterprise Golf hire figures would be nothing without distribution.

I'd imagine that quite often the type of people that highly modify such cars are very much "cash income" and/or "distribution" types of people, similar with Cossies/scoobies/evos etc. So the communities/tuners would naturally hear gossip on occasion. Naturally SVM are perfectly legit, but the people that buy from them might not always be.

I used to work for a fairly large tuner, plenty of customers paid with rolls of 20s, once when checking a car there was a pretty substantial knife concealed by the OBD port. 😂

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thankyou, this type of gossip would have been the talk of SVM over the last few days.
As ive said somebody will know.

330i. E30 Touring.
Apart from...

4. Not having a car.

Own a car like this without an agreed value and you're more of a moron than you. Which I didn't think possible.

Not having a car- yeah, because people who need a car daily drive an R34 as their only mode.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
This is horrific news, hope it gets found..

Makes you wonder why we even have nice cars.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Thanks to people for the kind comments, unfortunately it is mine that was taken. Had a CAT1 alarm and immobilizer on it but according to police they look to have cloned my key when viewing it.

Some of the comments on my insurance, yes if they do pay out then okay but the thing is this type of car in the exact spec i had are fetching £45k+ in Japan (thats if you can find one) trying to prove to an insurance company the value of a 13 year old car is not going to be easy and so far they have been nothing but helpful. Yes there was no tracker but this car spends all its life in a secure lockup, its been out 10 times in 6 months and every time i am within distance of it. This time i took it out and went to what i thought was a secure car park with around 5 cameras in the car park and four security guards on duty. Yet these petty low life scum still took it.

They have footage of them taking it they are asian one is short stocky with stubble, and the other guy is tall and skinny with glasses.

I am in shock, and yes as someone said its a bit of metal but to me was more than that i saved all my life been a dream car and would like to know what happened to it or gone to someone who would care for it like i did. I only decided to sell it if i got a good offer anything else would of kept it. Luckily i wasn't hurt but was an eye opener.

But at the moment i am £40k missing, i wouldn't wish this on anyone. Thank you for the shares was last seen M6 going North just before Stoke.