ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 GTT vs 172

GR7

Shiny red R32

You are quite right! I know a few GTTs and most would beat my 172 to 100 - especially with a faster driver than me at the wheel of my car.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Jersey James, where are you? You used to have a Williams - how does the GTT compare with your Willly?

Well, you cant bring driving into it really.. else you could have any opinion.

If you say, got M Schumacher.. Gave him a 172, sent him on a 0 - 100 sprint, then gave him a R5 GTT to do the same, which car would have the quicker time? Bearing in mind he got a perfect start in both cars, and accelerated hard all the way to the 100. This is the question!

Daz.

std against std the clio would win, a modded gtturbo would beat a 172 as its lighter and turbod motors can makebig power gains more easily than N/a engined ones, im sure you know this so why bother posting it :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 09 May 2003

Jersey James, where are you? You used to have a Williams - how does the GTT compare with your Willly?
If I remember, his R5 is heavily modded.. I think I remember him saying his Williams wouldnt have a chance against it - which was his reasoning for changing... could be wrong tho.

and on the same subject i had a gtturbo for tea a few nights back(yummy) i had a gtturbo before my 172 so i do know its a quick car too

I asked a simple question, I have never driven a 172 and so didnt know what the comparison was like, thought maybe being a 2.0 after 80 it would have an advantage over the GTT.

Daz is correct...

my R5GTT kicked my williams ass... i didnt have 2nd thoughts... :)

and after i have this baby upgraded to 300BHP... im sure ill be kicking other cars too ;)

I think, at about 100, the 172 would probably start caning the GTT, I guess it all depends on how well its tuned..

There is no substitute for CC.. I once heard.. heh.

Daz.

my gtturbo was good off the mark but i found 2litre N/A hothatches would have better midrange and pul away if we were on a dual carridgeway, plus my 172 will happily cruise at 125 all day long where as my gtturbo (any gtturbo) will not like to do that, anything more than 100 for a long distance and they start to get hot and generally dont like running for an extented distance at that speed

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 09 May 2003

Yea, Going over 100 isnt such a big thing.. acceleration up to it, is imo!

Daz.
not sure, on the way to trax i was playing with a 2.5 v6 vectra and a hevily modded dawsons bodykitted astra at 125mph most of the way (not on A roads of course *cough cough*) there is no way the turbo would have been happy doing that

GR7

Shiny red R32

It is a lot more fun getting to 60 or 100 in a 5GTT than either a Vectra or an Astra :D

lol....

ok, how bout you narrow it down.

How will a std 172 compare against a 172bhp GTT engines valver,with poorer aerodynamics and an extra 50kg og ice in the boot.....isnt that the real questions....

its like comparing to totally uncomparable things!

Not really as thats not the question I asked, just wondering by experience how the 2 cars compare, just like threads about 172 vs ctr!!

i know its not what you asked.........

but you cant compare a slightly modded unless you define what the slight amount is......to you, it coule be filter and exhaust, to me it could be a full race head, mild cam and a larger hybrid turbo running at 25psi.

you mean the pointless argument causing threads that just end up spirraling into a waste of everyones time and everyone bitching at each other, how bout we compare brands of baked beans or something heinz vs HP then we can argue that one comes in a better tin but the other has a far superior tomato sauce

fook off ben beans mean nothing its the overall mass in the tin that makes a difference, next you will tell me the tins with sausages in are better

muppet

sh*t mate, its ignorant tits like you that create all this pub talk crap about the best bean. If i wanted the sauce, i would buy tomato soup, but which brand is another debate.

We all know its the beans that count, and the sauce is secondary.

Curry beans are where its at.....dont fook about with the king mate, you dont know nowt, bloody amatuer!

everyone knows the original heinz beans are the best the were pioneers in making the original beans and their technology and knowledge in the field is unsurpassed so dont tell me im an amatuer you c*ck sucker

shows what a marketing influenced ignorant Best Beans Power moron you are.

Even the most part time beans spotter knows that sainsburys own have more beans per can and provide a better sauce consisting of less mono SOdium Glutamate and single polymer ketchup chains!

BTW who says Michael Schumacher would be able to drive a 172/R5 GTT - he might F&*K it up - just cozz hes one of the best F1 drivers ever, doesnt make him a God in all vehicles - put him in a rally car and hed probably fluff it!

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 09 May 2003

BTW who says Michael Schumacher would be able to drive a 172/R5 GTT - he might F&*K it up - just cozz hes one of the best F1 drivers ever, doesnt make him a God in all vehicles - put him in a rally car and hed probably fluff it!
dont you come in here with your shumy fluff when were talking seriously about beans!

Go and answer that question on 3 deg camber etc.....:p

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 09 May 2003

shows what a marketing influenced ignorant Best Beans Power moron you are.

Even the most part time beans spotter knows that sainsburys own have more beans per can and provide a better sauce consisting of less mono SOdium Glutamate and single polymer ketchup chains!

that means nothing do you know how salty they are
???? plus its a known fact that they are more likely to make you fat and who wants to be seen carrying a supermarket ownbrand bean, not me!!!! have you no dignity FOOL

sheesh....only a BMW employee could say that!

salt.....sheesh, fat! sheesh.....if you knew anything about the metabolism of beans and the protein in them then youll know they dont make you fat.

Like i said, amatuer!

i bet your gonna tell me the sauce is 15% water too! haha

well if we are bringing protien into it do you know that supermarket beans have over 50% less, um no bet you didnt muppet boy but thats cuz they wont tell you that but an uneducated tw*t like you wouldnt know, go back to school student boy you have alot to learn, maybe if you got some life experience under your belt you might have some idea what you are talking about as you dont have the slightest at the mo you big c*nt