ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 turbo brakes same as clio 03

hiya guys,

I heard somewhere that the renault clio 1.4 16v 2003 models brakes are exactly the same as the R5 turbos brakes just with ABS...is this true? and if it is does that mean I can use brake upgrades meant for the renault 5 as Ive luve to fit a big brake conversion to look sweet but K-tec and the like only cater for the 172 at the minute!

discuss!

David

calipers might be the same but how it fits to the strut (i.e. the caliper carrier) will probably be different but i guess the only way to find out is to ask renault or whoever you are looking to buy the kit from

320d M Sport

i was wondering the same thing as you can get Big brake kits for the 5 Turbo but only the KTec one (over £1000!!!) for the 172?

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 10 May 2003

i was wondering the same thing as you can get Big brake kits for the 5 Turbo but only the KTec one (over £1000!!!) for the 172?
huge brembos mmmm yummy

Rear brakes on a 5 turbo are the same as those on the 16v 1.8 (Valver), but without the abs. They fit straight on.

Lionel Richie

The Dynamique has the same calipers and therefore pads as the R5 GTT but it uses the same discs as a 1.8 16V Clio (valver!!)

Im using Brembo Max grooved discs (for a 1.8 16Valver) and Pagid Fast Road pads (for a R5 GTT) on my Dynamique