ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race slicks shelf life?

Found myself what looks like a decent set of used Dunlop SP Sport slicks but it seems some race slicks don't have a manufacturing date. Guy said he purchased them 12 months ago from a Clio cup race team and they stated they has only completed 15 laps from new.

So my question, what is the life cycle of race slicks, do they deteriorate quicker than road/semi slick tyres? If past there best will they show normal signs like cracking and the compound hardened?

Thanks in advance.

Doubt it mate. Think I'm gonna give them a miss and get some new AR1's or R888r's. Recently had another bad experience on ebay with a used pair of Direzza''s this time, so I'm loosing faith with used eBay track tyres. Slicks are even more of a mine field by the sound of it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Doubt it mate. Think I'm gonna give them a miss and get some new AR1's or R888r's. Recently had another bad experience on ebay with a used pair of Direzza''s this time, so I'm loosing faith with used eBay track tyres. Slicks are even more of a mine field by the sound of it.

What was up with the Dunlop’s?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've used pre loved slicks for years, even when completely bolloxed they offer so much more grip than any semi slick I've ever used. Currently on Michelin as the Dunlop I've used before are very soft and don't last long, so tbh of its Dunlop I'd suggest the seller is being honest