ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RACE WITH AUDI S3

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c**t WAS MASSIVE A BIG BAD BRUISER!!!! BUT GOOD FUN THOUGH

Im a big fan of wide-arch range toppers, but the S3 just isnt quick enough to give it that real lead over the competition.

Really?

Here in Aus, they actually rated the new S3 as only being like 0.1 of a second slower to 100kmph and again 0.1 slower to 400 m than the new WRX. Im talking the new 165kw version here. The commented that it had a better drivetrain than the Rexy, less turbo lag and had better in gear acceleration (they matched it gear for gear, having to match the audis 5th, with the WRXes 4th or something like that because they were almost equal).

I have to admit, if i could fork out the money, ide have an S3 anyday.. its got style, speed and comfort. Best of both worlds.

Dont get me wrong, its a lovely car - but would you be prepared to pay another £10-12 on top of a 172s price for what is still a hatch? Id want a bit more for my £25k...hmmm...maybe a V6 Clio?:D

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

My neigbour owns one on an 02 plate (gets a new one every 4-6 months) and there is almost nothing in it. Playing catch up he could not loose me and I could not catch him, over all pretty even. His TT 225 can pull away from me but only just. Not worth 25K though.

S3s dont have enough power, they are quick off the mark due to 4wd but from a rolling start, I wouldnt be surprised if a 172 would match one...

Although S3 has a more impressive 0-60 the 172 has similar 0-100mph as the S3 and they also have similar bhp/per tonnes

S3 luxury hatch really. Plenty fast for everyday use. Does run out of breath though. 2002 or 2003 version has a bit more power. Literally no lags :p. Bloody great recaros though! n bloody GREAT price tag too ahha.

I like it :D. Does need to be whined up to around 250-285 hp to make it go "FAST"

I find the S3 smaller than a V6 golf although on the same platform.. quite strange

Clutch is way too light n grab point is way too high (IMHO) at least for the one that i tried.

BUT wouldnt mind having that bad boy RS6 or even RS4 (RS$) haha

S3s are gorgeous I reckon.. Sweet ass posh hatch :) Put it this way, I know someone who has a 996 Carrera and an S3 Its the perfect garage mate - even if it is only used for shopping trips!

Had a race with a 225BHP audi TT on the way to Belfast the other day - he was in front and everytime the traffic in front cleared he floored it - I was right on his ass - didnt pull away at all - think he was shocked - never had a chance to take him and eventually he turned off before we hit the motoway - aaaahhhh.............good fun though!