ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue detailer's starter kit!...Baffled, please help.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Dear Rich, ;)

Could someone/Rich recommend products for my new car?

I'm newish to this detailing lark, i've always used just Megs products but i'm open to trying something else.

My budget isn't huge, but it's reasonable and i reckon i can afford to spend the cash if it's worth it in the results.

I'm not going down the PC route...yet, so we can rule that out. lol

Could you recommend a few products suited to Racing Blue? Wash, waxes, sealants, tyre cleaner etc.

And is Serious Performance a good place to buy from as their site seems excellent if you know what you're talking about...which i don't. lol

I'll be buying mitts/pads etc too, so any light on this matter would be good too.

Apologies in advance for the essay.

Cheers

Chris

106 GTi
Alex at SP is a top supplier.

For me on Racing Blue

Wash - Duragloss Wash and Serious Performance Lambswool Mitts
Clay - anything mild
Swirl Removal by Hand - Megs Scratch X
Paint Clean/Mild Polish - AG Super Resin
Sealant - Jeffs Werkstatt Acyrlic Jett Trigger
Wax - P21s
Wheels - Wash with AG Engine And machine cleaner seal with Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Tyres - Poorboys Bold and Bright

In summer skip the sealant, Glaze with Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze and top with P21s wax.

I apply most products with yellow foam pads, and grab some Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towels for removing most things.

106 GTi
Alex should be able to sort you with all the above bar the Autoglym and Jeffs sealant.

182cup & 172 racecar
Alex at SP is a top supplier.

For me on Racing Blue

Wash - Duragloss Wash and Serious Performance Lambswool Mitts
Clay - anything mild
Swirl Removal by Hand - Megs Scratch X
Paint Clean/Mild Polish - AG Super Resin
Sealant - Jeffs Werkstatt Acyrlic Jett Trigger
Wax - P21s
Wheels - Wash with AG Engine And machine cleaner seal with Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Tyres - Poorboys Bold and Bright

In summer skip the sealant, Glaze with Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze and top with P21s wax.

I apply most products with yellow foam pads, and grab some Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towels for removing most things.
Thats longer than my weekly shopping list:D