ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue; The project thread

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Racing Blue Shed; The project thread

so what milage is the car now on?

We are now well into the 90's, will hit 100k sometime next year probably.

what's it doing Mike? Symptoms?

Good news is, because of the alternator problem, the battery had just discharged so much it was had an internal short. Garage have stuck it on a trickle charge and managed to get it to accept charge this morning and are on with the alternator as we speak :D

Should have it tomorrow, all working, 100%, nothing wrong, first time ever, like a new car, just working properly!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oh thats good news. now where's that roll cage? At CAS coatings getting done in red?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Fixed, working, nothing wrong, 100% ok.

Plus I managed to insure it for a reasonable rate too, so overall, today has been a good day :D

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This afternoon I've mostly been getting on with sorting out the rear.

Put the carpet down to make it a little nicer inside, removed the rear seat belts and fitted the cage. The cage was a nightmare to fit since it didn't align up properly, but once all the bits are attached it pulls itself into line, its just fitting the subframe thats difficult since it doesn't have the main section on it to straighten it up.

Anyway, its done now and in so I now had the task of cutting the seat subframes on the seats where they catch on the cage, no grinding discs so got the hack saw out. Snapped my only blade about halfway through the first so got a lift of the mother to b&q. Just got back, cut the first subframe and now its too dark to fit again so will continue in the morning. I could cut the second subframe in the garage but that can wait too.

Picture of cage and carpet:

9751a3a6.jpg

I have also bought a dogbone mount polybush kit from kam racing yesterday and had a talk with HiQ about my cat rattling this morning while getting my mum new tyres. He said to whack it with a hammer and it will compress the broken parts together and stop the rattling.

Dont know if it will work but may try tomorrow, got nothing to lose :)

None
Looks really good Mike, nice job.............not sure i would have attempted it without my power tools though, hack saw sounds hard work ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is the carpet on a wooden board? Or have you just placed on the metal?

B

Nope, straight down onto the metal.

Looks really good Mike, nice job.............not sure i would have attempted it without my power tools though, hack saw sounds hard work ;)

Well there are some new discs somewhere, but my dad couldn't be bothered finding them for me (only he knows where he put them) so I tried by hand. If I had of had some more hacksaw blades then I probably would of finished all the cutting in the time it took to go to b&q and back so not too bad really. It is easier with a grinder though lol

Cold early start, well 10ish anyway, and its all back in and fitted. Quite pleased, looks a lot tidier than it did before with the rear carpet and the rear seat belts removed.

5194769094_4cfb69a3b2_z.jpg

Cage by mjenic, on Flickr

5194768684_77abb163cb_z.jpg

5194169739_c44da2025a_z.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Another weekend, another update :)

These came yesterday and the plan was to fit them today. The snow did away with that idea :(

photo-5.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Got this today from Tom :)

IMG_0208.jpg

Also got my boss from tweeks too, I would fit it today, but got to go out in a min :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate how easy is the stalk to fit as ive got one for mine

Its not too bad.

You have to remove the airbag ring from the car, this brings the stalk off with it, and is attached to the rack by a screw on the back holding it tight, you'll see what i mean when you see it.
Then carefully unclip the steering position sensor off the front, you can accidentally pull the ribbon out now so be carefull! If you do pull the ribbon out it is a right b*****d to get back in!
Then its 2 small torx's to swap the stalks out, dont forget to swap the red an black wires on the back over too.
Then put it back together :)

Its basically pretty easy, but just be carefull and you'll work it out as you go along :)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Just been reading some of this thread;) Good thread.

What suspension you got on and what make is rarb??

TrackCar & F30 330d
Wheel looks great mate. Make sure you buy a suide brush and keep the wheel looking good. And sweaty hands f*ck the suide up so get some bad boy gloves ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate.

Gloves look well gay, but might get some, will have a browse over xmas, already ordered the brush ;)

Clio182Clio1.4,Hilux
Cheers mate.

Gloves look well gay, but might get some, will have a browse over xmas, already ordered the brush ;)

might look gay but save your hands from burning if you stuff it big time.... and keep your steering wheel nice!