ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Clio 16v

Clio 172 (2)Clio 16v
Have a clio 16v with a lot of engine work and suspension which would it be better suited for or be better Time attack or ITCC?? anyone any suggestions??

Clio Cup Race Car x2

Irish Touring Car Championship.

Best bet would be to get the regs for both, and any other championships that the car could race in.

Off the top of my head and without knowing the spec of your car I'd say Dunlop/Motorsport News Saloons as they're pretty much anything goes.

Other factors would be how much money you want to spend.

With ITCC I'm guessing you're based in Ireland?

But then Time Attack is over here.

So one way or another you'll have a lot of travelling to do.

Clio Cup Race Car x2
What are the class structures like?

Is it done on engine size or power to weight ratio?

If you are un-decided you're best bet would be to go and speak to some drivers in both. Championships are very good at selling their series to drivers, but at the end of the day, get some advice from the consumers (drivers already racing) as they will let you know stuff thats not normally easy to find out, politics etc.

Like has been said, how much money you want to spend also comes into it. Items like tyres, can be renewed every race in some, but that soon increases cost, and to be on the pace you would need to do that.