ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radio really starting to get on my nerves

clio mk 2 5 door
had my car now for around a year and the radio signal has always been crap. i thought it might be the ariel but that doesnt seem to have solved it. could there be a lose connection with the headunit or something?
any advice would be great

I changed head unit and instantly noticed it was 10x better. Mine was also shocking. After that I changed to a Type-R aerial and it's even better to the point I'd actually listen to the radio now :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Have you changed the aerial base? I had this issue in my 1.2 and that fixed it. I have never used the standard head unit though.

clio mk 2 5 door
no i didnt think of changing the base. it does look quite corroded. how easy is it to change the base of the ariel?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah just peel back the headlining and it will un-bolt, dead easy.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Look for someone breaking a car on here or post a wanted thread.

A.N. Other
There should be loads on ebay, pretty sure I got one for about a tenner or so although it's not a genuine one, a few months ago.

clio mk 2 5 door
yea been having a look around. gonna go for the cheap option first and give the base a good scrub as theres loads of crud in and around it. if that fails i will just buy a new one. cheers for the advice.