ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rain X on paint work...?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Morning all,
just wondering if someone could clear something up for me, I was out putting rain x on my windows last night (will upgrade to gtechniq g1 when I run out) but spilt a bit down my mirror and paintwork.

It says on the back 'do not use on plastic, painted parts etc etc' but I can't see it harming it. But can someone confirm this :)

Btw i found out that its amazing at removing polish stains on plastics :rasp: Haha and now my mirror beads well! Lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
just to show how unfriendly this stuff is, I used a meguiars foam applicator to apply it to my shower screen recently, didn't bother rinsing it out as was going to use it again later in the day.

Later that day went to use it again and the foam applicator was crumbling and breaking up in my hand

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I'm not asking if I can USE it on my paint!! Lol I'm saying I spilt a bit down my mirror and door, (were taking a dribble here) whilst putting it on my applicator (wiped it dry straight away) but wanted to know if it would be okay to just leave or wether to polish glaze wax it again.

But as you say it's harmful stuff, it'll be getting wash again tonight! Rained all night anyways.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
It rained as soon as I finished the windows lol and I did wipe it off straight away. But it's invisible on your windows so what chance did I have of seeing what's left on the paintwork? Lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This remnds me of an old mate who accidently got a bit of Autoglym plastic and bumper restorer on his paitwork and liked how it made the paint all bluey/greeny/sparkly.....

Anyone remember the autoglym stuff? Its a thick green silicone paste. Horrible stuff.

Well he did his whole car. Every single bit apart from the windows. Looked fcuking hilarious 24 hours later when flies/dust/bits of grass etc were stuck all over it.

Mong.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Done the same today. Wiped it straight off but just to be safe - anyone fancy giving a straight answer?