ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random wire near the radiator

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I did an oil change last week, oh joy! When i was finished i noticed a thin red wire just sticking out from somewhere by the inlet manifold, with the end half way up the rad on the drivers side. Now it will just about stretch to a little plug connected to the radiator that has a single yellow wire going to it, am i right in thinking the red wire should be attached to it as well? If so do i need to sort this ASAP as my car seems to be running ok.

From how you describe the wire and its location and the fact you say there is only 1 wire (yellow) going to your rad switch I would assume its for the fan control. There is only one other red wire in that area and thats for the alternator output but that is quite a thick wire. If the wire is for the rad fan you should get it repaired ASAP as without it your radiator fan will not work and you could overheat the engine particulary if you are in traffic and not moving.