ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rant thread, sympathy required...

182 Cup
So, while nipping into the bank last Friday literally 5 mins before we were leaving for the airport to go to Menorca I come back out and see this:

DSC00030.jpg
DSC00031.jpg

Naturally the animal that did this did not stop to report it to me or even leave a note with contact details. Reported to the police who are checking the carparks cctv but i'm not overly hopeful. Renault quoted £1400 for the repairs which will end up coming through my own insurance.

Devastated doesn't even come close :(

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
no way, sorry to hear that. hope you get it sorted quickly, but dont let it ruin your holiday!

182 Cup
I've already been, it was hard not to think about it at times but after coming back this morning and getting the estimate its safe to say i'm gutted.

titanic killer
Arghhh! Im feeling for you bud if only you could of caught them in the act!
Hope you get it all sorted

Civic Vtec y0
Terrible mate! How stupid must the other driver have been not to realise they had hot your car? It looks like they have nearly ment to do it!

Chin up tho, hopefully the police will get something sorted

182 Cup
If the cctv hasn't picked up on it then i'll never know, the more I look at the damage the angrier I get. Obviously i'd have been mad had they waited and told me but to just drive off is low.

impreza p1
that is harsh mate, what a complete wanker who ever done it, hope it all gets sorted for you

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted for you mate. Clicked on this thread expecting damage, but seeing on a rb makes it a little bit worse :(

I take it that's for a rear qt , paint, vat, all in?

I had to have some work done, i took mine to the BMW bodyshop,they did a fantastic job, i never even went to Renault!

Sorry for you mate, i felt numb when it happend to mine!:( :mad:

leon

imo just by looking at the pics that could be repaired dont think you need a new panel they must be able to pull the out or work at it from inside ??

sorry to hear tho !!!!

imo just by looking at the pics that could be repaired dont think you need a new panel they must be able to pull the out or work at it from inside ??

sorry to hear tho !!!!

If it's not for a new rear qt, i think £1400 a bit steep to repair it!

leon

182 Cup
renault reckoned a new panel would be needed, i'll go to a couple of other bodyshops during the week and see what they say. Either way its gonna need sprayed again and I cant really afford it so unless the cops have the footage of the deed being done and I can do the animals, i'll be claiming through insurance. Feel a bit tempted to get it redone in white although saying that, the whole experience has soured me and I may just sell it.

sorry to see that wayne...when you said to me that you posted a thread that would bring tears to my eyes i was expecting to see something hliariously funny. have to say...that is far from funny....the damage doesn't look pretty and i hope you get it sorted out. hopefully the cctv will pick up the culprit rather than your own insurance paying out. let us know what happens.

koi

Audi S1
doesn't look creased so you could try taking the trim off on the inside so you can get in to push the dent out

M

mini-valver

Gutted mate. Chips away or similar might be able to do something as it doesnt look creased. You can paint just the area on RB too as it's a flat colour so it would'nt need blending in down the side of the car. Worth a shot!

visualize whirled pe
Some people, eh! and on the rear panel, typical. Fingers crossed for you that the police find them on the cctv footage and throw the book at them.

Such a pain as you were going away too. Try not to think about it and enjoy the hols! :)

silver cup packed FF 182
ouch!!! looks nasty mate,who could do that sort of damage and just drive off without leaving contact details etc......pisses me off that people do that! what a bummer that the cctv didnt catch the asshole who did that to your car!

182 Cup
Now that the cops have said they can't do anything i'm gonna get working on getting the paint polished out to at least make it less noticeable. Maybe if i'm in luck the dent will push out and things won't be so bad.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
looks like a 4x4/van to me as the scuffs are high up the 1/4

182 Cup
Someone recommended the dent master to pull it out without the hassle of removing stuff from inside. Anyone familiar with this tool?

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
gutted to see the damage mate. Shame the CCTV didnt catch anything. But at least the quotes to get it sorted are going down!!