ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rant thread, sympathy required...

182 Cup
I'm going back to that bank this Friday in case the person is a regular, one would imagine the other car will have noticable damage as well, at least it will be missing some paint from a bumper.

182 Cup
well all hunt them down and hold them for payment! wherebaouts was this mate?

Finaghy Northern Bank car park...

I'm seriously going back at the same time this Friday on the off chance, such pleasure I would get if I happened to spot a red car with obvius damage to its bumper..

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I reaaly feel for you, looks nasty. I bet it was some female with a 4x4 who was too busy yelling at her kids to notice your car. I hate women with 4x4's! I hope you get it sorted quickly with minimal cost. Poor car. :(

320d
gutted for you mate, was probably an old person they are always realy close to cars in car parks, a realy old man in an old audi nealry ran me off the road on a dual carraigeway because they have no idea what is going on around them.

182 Cup
Ok so latest update:

My mate had some sort of sucker device that he clamped on and pulled the worst part of the dent out. I then used some t-cut (normally wouldn't have it near a car but it was needed this time) to get rid of the other cars paint. There are some spots where it has been chipped away to the metal but it does look a fair bit better I think.
My main concern are the remaining small dents that look like they have been hit by a door, and the way the panel is pushed in at the bottom where the skirt is.

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

182 Cup
I'd say i'm happier, but won't be happy until it is fully repaired. Still, at least i've saved myself some cash so far.
Mobile phone pics unfortunately :(

I would think that sort of scuff would stretch/deform the skin rather than being a lucky pop-out dent. It looks reasonable now but only a pro is going to be able to sort it. As an aside, take the stickers off. The first reason I'll keep to myself, but secondly they just draw the eye to that area.

182 Cup
Thanks for the tip but I think i'll just leave them as I personally like them. I don't care about other peoples attention being drawn to it, I know it's there whether there's a sticker or not.

Leon Cupra 300
I'd get a chips away or dent master kind of bloke to come and sort the rest out for you mate, i reckon under 100 quid easy!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Gutted for you fella... doesnt look like a new 1/4 panel job tho. Looks like a good panel beater would get most of that out. I'd be avoiding a new panel if at all poss. for that degree of damage. Hope you manage to find te to$$er who did it!!!