ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rarest clio? Also whats the fastest 1.2 on here?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Hey, in various discussions on the forum and elsewhere, i've heard that my Mk2 Ph2 1.2 8v is pretty rare, due to the fact that its a 8v.

I just wondered how rare they actually are? I mean, they must be rare cause imo - how can anyone actually buy the 'basic' package car?

I mean its always worth the extra little bit of spend isn't it - e.g. 8v -> 16v, Authentique -> Dynamique?

Who actually buys these boring cars first hand?

I know the reason we got mine is because back when we bought it i didn't really have a clue about cars other than bigger engine = better. Also it was either mine with 20k on the clock or a billabong with 40k on the clock (still kinda wish i'd gone for the billabong, but it wasn't really 100% my choice).

My second question is: Who's got the fastest 1.2L Clio on these boards?

Include pics!

Cheers, James

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
We got any pics/modification lists?

(i don't plan to do anything to mine - cba wasting money on something so poor... 8 valves? my mates 1998 micra has 16...)

We got any pics/modification lists?

(i don't plan to do anything to mine - cba wasting money on something so poor... 8 valves? my mates 1998 micra has 16...)
lowwwwwwwwwwwwww project. . .as said. . .loose the weight if you want it quicker. . .

i wana put mine on a rolling road, just for the laugh LOL..............someone said the ECU's adjust depending on how hard you drive it over time.......its pushed to the limits most of the time, IMO i think its overfuelling seems to pop and bang like f**k, all the time, and stink of petrol

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
rarest? i would have thought a trophy? or maybe a mk1 1.1 night and day, or a mk1 baccara?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
phase 2 mk2 1.2 8v aint that rare, i see them all the time at work, all the old people drive em, authentique is the old boys choice lol

M

mini-valver

Rarest is James' brown vee, being the only one in the UK IIRC. 1.2 8v rare? Ok!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
it would be old boy, garages for cutrocy cars or fleet buyers who would get the very lowevst entry level cars really lol.

as for rarests, well in the Vees there are some cars which are factry with unique colours ( ie only one prodeuced) then ther is the petrol blue 182, i think only 2 or 3 were made oand only one of those had the recaro seats option therfor making it unique (check fubars website for the production numbers) power wise i think the most acvived out of the 1.2 16v engine was high 80s irrc (87-89) and thaw was with alot of money spent on them, would have been cheaper just putin in a 1.4/1.6 engine lol. but then for speed then foxys crip packet would probably be up ther for weight alone lol. weight loss is probably the best way of making the 1.2 quicker other than an engine transplant.
MarkCups 172 must be one of the fastest because basically the only thing left on the interior of that car is the wheel the dash and the drivers seat lol.

Petrol Blue 182.
saner has a petrol blue 182, and yeah not many in thatcolour and acid yellow? v6 is it? or 182 i did read about it but not sure on which clio but only 6 and 2 crashed, the two that crashed had full leather interior the other 4 have half leather, 1 is a defiante write off and 1 needs bout 10k or repair work to put it back on the road, its good what you hear at a clio meet lol

alien green rs133
the best thing about the authentique is it has no sunroof :D so you can have a pretty good sport rep :D
18189064a7761045681o.jpg

edit:
ohh and cat cams do high lift cams for the 1.2 8v engine for some strange reason ???

None
Anyone who has the 1.2 TCE engine probably has the quickest 1.2 Clio and the fasted 1.2 8v I know had 89bhp I had 71bhp out of my 8v when I had it with about 79lbs torque. Shame I never got around to fitting the cams and a re-map lol

alien green rs133
i wana put mine on a rolling road, just for the laugh LOL..............someone said the ECU's adjust depending on how hard you drive it over time.......its pushed to the limits most of the time, IMO i think its overfuelling seems to pop and bang like f**k, all the time, and stink of petrol

i was told the harder you drive the 1.2 the more it goes, mine pops and bangs like a tw@ and running decat it stinks

Lots of Alfas
I had a 1.2 8v authentique when I was learning to drive, its now my brothers, I wouldnt say they are rare. They are rediculously cheap to insure as insurance group 2 and as its the most basic Clio, its probably the most reliable. Its probably the slowest clio they do in the mk2ph2 form. I had a 1.2 8v mk2ph1 aswel which seemed a little nippier and responsive as had a cable throttle.

Shed.
wasn't that yozzasport clio a 1.2?
fred told me it was a cup with 1.2 badges

fastest 1.2 is probly f0xy's. . . power to weight ratio

R8ftw has had his remapped.

The lunar grey V6, The other V6 in that wierd colour acid yello, and the other strange colour cannot remember the name of it.

Isnt there someone on here with a ferarri beating 182 ? The 300bhp turbo'd one.
The clio TT.

The mk2 ph2 B which still has the old engine and is on an 03 plate, they do exist.

No 8 Valves arent exactly rare, although the 16v has better fuel economy, and is quiter, and faster.