ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

raspy tinny noise on exeleration .

clio 182 54 reg
ive owned my 182 since monday and it passed a aa inspection with no faults or recomdations whats so were as expected with only 24k fsh ect , but ive noticed this raspy sort of blow noise on exelration. but wen the person i bought it of took me out in it windows were shut ect so if it was there then i didnt here it , but i think its gettin louder unless its just me.
iv taken it to the local garage and he thinks its a tiny hole in the joint after the cat so he took the clamp of and sealed it and sed it was right but only for a few mins so he told me to ring the aa and ask why they didnt pick up on this after all this is why i paid £137 for them to check it right? anyway awaiting response from aa but any idvise or help would be appreciated.

Titanium 182
I have this, crack in the output flange of the cat :(
I had it welded but its gone again within a month.

Check it on some ramps, disconnect everything behind the cat and look with a torch at the flange.

Now looking for a second hand cat / decat.

Za**** & Xr250R

Check it on some ramps, disconnect everything behind the cat and look with a torch at the flange.

Same here but myne whistled like a turbo lol

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Mine just started doin this too had it welded bout 4mths ago still seems to go ok just whistles over 5500k revs kinda like it :eek: !! will wait till it gos and get a sportcat probly

421 Cammed 172

yep crack in the cat, decat time!!

Also got this crack on the output of the Cat.

Atleast i'm not the only one - lol

Probably get mine welded up and while it's off tighten or remove that damned heat shield!!

Clio 182,5GT Turbo Raider
My cat is cracked also, + the baffles are loose, i get a buzzing/ whistling sound on acceleration and a rattling sound on deceleration, also the trip computer is showing 27mpg so i will need to change the system soon!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I was getting the same sort of noise. Ended up the exhaust bracket on the rearbox was touching the rear mount as the rubber was failing. £24 for gen part and sorted thankfully.

Edit: was getting the sort of turbo noise but no blowing sorry.

clio 182 54 reg
thanks guys will put these points forward to the person who finaly gets round to checking it just seems very ghey to be happin to a car with only 26k and only 4k in last year .:(