ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling noise from engine

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what this annoying rattling could be on my 16V. I can only hear it from inside the car when it is idling or when on full lock it seems to get louder, could it be the bearings in my alternator, cant tell where it is coming from under the bonnet, just seems to be louder from inside the car ?

Vague I know but hope somebody else may have experienced this ?

Thanks

Yeah i have one on my 172 When i am on full lock it seems to make a kind of knocking noise, i also cannot tell where it is coming from. At first i thought it maybe a wheel bearing but i ruled that out by having them replaced.

It still seems to do it and is at its worse when going up the carpark ramps.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ive heard knocking on full lock is ur steering colum but a 172 shouldnt have that problem. Is there some slack when steering ur 16v Valver, eg. wont do anything (change direction) when only doing slight turns on the wheel?