ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Razc09's DCI project

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Naah, I've kept* the bolting points on the bumper. But the way I did it meant I couldn't thread a bolt through so it's cable tied on until I pull my finger out :p

* remade with fibre glass because i measured wrong. It's in my project thread somewhere

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ahaa i see, cable ties FTW as a temporary.

same with me, i cut it just abit to out of line so metal and fibre glass to get the curve bk :approve:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
small update, bought a new rs grill as i managed to break the other one, super quick delivery time, special thanks to tom @ west renualt!! :approve:

and now i have aquired a decent set of TD 1.2's, to be painted in tvr purple with a pearl clear coat maybe.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
finally recieved my rear bumper and cup spoiler after ages of me and riley! trying to trace the buggers, comes down to my post office not having a person in to deliver them. perthetic excuse, nothing to inform me either :mad:

that asside, TD 1*2s ready for the tvr paint aswell as some other parts ;)

will get some photo's up this week coming

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
sorry guys wont be an update for a little while, having to sort out a dead dci lump and a new one which is to be fitted soon hopefully.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
so little update, not much has been done cosmeticaly, ALLOT mechanicaly tho :S

wheels are in the works

6731959383_1ce1980dd0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6731956243_450017a816.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6731962401_cd471bb0be.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6731966153_30a966714e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i have taken the team dynamics writing off as part of it was scuffed on one, so the filler came out and now these will receive one coat of primer for flatting prep, followed by two coats of dark primmer, then tvr purple will be shot over with a nice pearl flipp finish in the clear laquer :)

as the car stands atm, looks abit of a heap i know,

6731953427_8a79818686.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6731950661_0e469da917.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6731969087_f9aa25e946.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6731971655_da167c492d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

only problem i have at the time is that it looks stupidly low now on standard 14's. im hope'n that 15's will make it look a little higher. spacers maybe?

will update more when i have some free time

ryan :)

RS6 C7
I can see it's low on the back, Half the tyres in the arch and your on 14's ! , Can't wait to see this sprayed up, Get a move on ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
slowly yes :), yeah, ended up dropping a new dci 80 engine in, only done 40k as apposed to the original on 80k :). going to take it to fred when the car is painted, so he can time the engine up for me, as i do not trust myself to time anything if im tbh :S

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I can see it's low on the back, Half the tyres in the arch and your on 14's ! , Can't wait to see this sprayed up, Get a move on ;)

after market springs, non ajustable stuff either :S. hope my 15's dont scrub as the 14's are not far off in the arches.

ok..ok.. i will get it done soon ;), if i wasnt bussy running round birmingham doing tests and board changes on old houses... i would be working on the car. wheels should be done this weekend :approve:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What colour are you spraying it? If I had a car in that state id have to do it a very silly* colour.

I've been thinking about getting an old ph1 that runs well but looks gash and making a rep and having a go at spraying a full car :)

*couldnt think of a better word... Bright yellow/purple/green etc

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Ah right ha I didnt know lol probably just stick it on ebay. Is it going back the same colour?

lol its alright mate, not sure yet, its going black but with a twist.

What colour are you spraying it? If I had a car in that state id have to do it a very silly* colour.

I've been thinking about getting an old ph1 that runs well but looks gash and making a rep and having a go at spraying a full car :)

*couldnt think of a better word... Bright yellow/purple/green etc

black possibly with a twist of purple flake like the BG 182's have a gold flake :). at one point i thought about doing it that stupid luminos pink that is in halfords :rasp:

sounds like a good idea to me, get a cheap mechanicly sound ph1, make it a rep and have fun spraying it :).

im having a go at painting my car but with andys assistance as i've never painted a car before.... should be fun :)

if all else fails, it will be sprayed a really shiney, wet look, gloss black. bullets and dash trim are been shot n the same colour as the wheels

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Go for it, you can respray my car LY as a tester to see if you like it hahaha? :clown:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Go for it, you can respray my car LY as a tester to see if you like it hahaha? :clown:

that would mean if i liked it, their would be TWO LY dci's :clap:. see how much time iv got on my hands and how good i am at painting first, not one for bodge spraying !! :rasp:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
How's the car coming along? Much progress with the engine and bodywork?

Picture's Picture's :rasp:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
How's the car coming along? Much progress with the engine and bodywork?

Picture's Picture's :rasp:
engine has been docotor'fied, new everything almost,.
bodywork.... yeah, front bumper is now officially married to the front, not hanging, dents and such been tig pulled and skimmed with filler, now in the stage of indicator primer, lets see how smooth the body work really is :rasp:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
bit of a tasty update :rasp:

car ( Yes i know i need to stop faffing about and paint it but im still sorting the dints out )

6852822585_ec04aed70c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wheels :cool:

6852826363_1c105b7ffc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6852819675_b74d1cb9ff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and the finall touches..... bullets and dash trim :approve:

6852816329_88df4ed11e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6852810711_45fd12d901.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pritty happy with how they turned out for my first go at painting :approve:. dash strips were a night mare with them reacting to the paint, even when i had applied plastic primer before hand :banghead:.

this weekend its time to press on and get the body in its finall stages, ( passenger side already primered )

hopefully will be ready for the big meet in march :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Same wheels as me, But mine are graphite ;) also Like the purple as its differant, should look good when finished !

cheers mate :), these wheels was originaly going to go ford graphite grey but i noticed a tin of TVR purple sitting collecting dust so thought better use it than go to waste, and look how they turned out with the pearl metalic flick in the clear coat ;).

i wondered how purple and black theme would go down on here as its not the usuall 'sheep' colours that cs produces :rasp:.

press on today and sort the drivers side out and then tag team the roof/boot and front end :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
right, had the idicator primer on most of the car today, block sanded it down to see the high and low spots, another tin of filler, a dozen sheets of sandpaper and we are still not satisfied.

so plans for tommorow is another coat of indicator, sand AGAIN, and the hopefully start to shoot some colour into the blighter :)

pic'sof current state, not much change but all in the booth ready for paint now :

6892733383_8fd30c3ed6.jpg

wings blended in with the sport bumper nicely :)
6892730347_6db68d126a.jpg
6892727193_9088d0f074.jpg

6892720741_9a3b35c508.jpg

and the bonnet which i had wished i had just bought a new one, pain in the arse to get it right :banghead:

6892738079_76e9a83d50.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
plus my little modification which i think is unique, bar the standard crap renault sat nav :rasp:

plan is to intergrate a sat nav ( of my choice ) into the centre console, the batteries will be removed from the satnav and will only be powered when the egnition is turned on.
to update it i will plug the usb lead into the nav and run an extension usb lead from the original into the glove box so that i can update via my laptop :)

standard all together
6892821649_07ccf41863.jpg

then cut the top curv shape off allowing the satnav ( dismanteled of its cassing ) to stand almost upright underneath the re-molded into a bigger curv

6892818983_750e973da5.jpg

then cut this up and re-modify so that the screen can fit snugg behind the enclosure.

6892824033_f8b904e978.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
right so whilst i was bord last night, i desided to draw up some comical plans for my sat nav build, drawing is not my strong point so bare with me :eek:

front view as it would be seen inside the dash.

6895538343_e1bee51fa9.jpg

side on view of the workings with in. basicly most of it you won't see but....

6895540533_929b07fe49.jpg