ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Razc09's DCI project

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
seen the car on the sunday meet in chester was lookin realy nice mate looks so much better in the flesh/metal haha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
car is looking great mate realy liking how its turning out think i might join you guys with the sport bumper on standard wings looks great (if you guys dont mind like) i seen this build when ou first started it hasnt half came along , well done mate ill keep following love where this is going

only just seen this lol.

go a head, make it 3 or 4 sports to non sports winged clio's :D

Black Gold Trophy
I have to applaud the effort on this.
What was the final colour? Looks like black with purple flake?

I do think this would have looked better with the sport front wings and skirts though, and if you're already painting the whole car it would make sense

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I have to applaud the effort on this.
What was the final colour? Looks like black with purple flake?

I do think this would have looked better with the sport front wings and skirts though, and if you're already painting the whole car it would make sense

thankyou. has been a painful task of as rebuild but all is in good terms.
the final colour was black with slight purple flakes and a heavy amount of clear coat on top.

i did think about going the whole yard and getting sport wings and skirt but i desided not to as i purely wanted a one off custom'ish DCi 80 :)

94' Valver F4R'd
Looks great! Love the purple and black!
Going back to the sunroof thing! My MK1 Phase 3 clio has an electric sunroof, and it leaked. badly. Renault wanted £250 to take it out and seal it with silicone, me and my mate did it in 4 hours, was a pain to get it all out but so much better, and it works perfectly! As most people just seal it shut. Idiots... :)
Does yours leak at all?

Any other plans for the clio?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Looks great! Love the purple and black!
Going back to the sunroof thing! My MK1 Phase 3 clio has an electric sunroof, and it leaked. badly. Renault wanted £250 to take it out and seal it with silicone, me and my mate did it in 4 hours, was a pain to get it all out but so much better, and it works perfectly! As most people just seal it shut. Idiots... :)
Does yours leak at all?

Any other plans for the clio?

hi mate cheers :). no my sunroof doesnt seem to leak as of yet, it creaks alot in sun light but nothing to serious.

other plans are a new engine as explained by my two muppet freinds :eek:

New engine ;)

/spam
yeah yeah, wait til the 2l lump gets put in properly, then you'll be wanting a new engine ;)

same applies to you Mr 65 :rasp:

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
So glad I didn't have to wait for updates as the suspension would of killed me! Like watching the prison break series on tv! Haha a lovely car which has its own style. Love the purple!

Really wants me to make a project out of my dCi 80 but being the not so common cyclade blue and low on funds for a while will hold me back. :( gah. Just going to clean mine up and colour code. :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
what colour (pearl black? black gold? it has a purple glint which i like!) is your car painted? looks good against the purple wheels and bullets!

it's all painted by me , bar the roof which i whimped out as i didnt want to strip the sunroof out lol :eek:

its ment to be PB pearl black but iv added tinny tinny hints of purple flake into the paint. hardly noticable until its really sunny.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
That because I'm not doing anything with it ATM to update :p

Will update when more power arrives. If this DCI fueling thing doesnt get off the the ground ,

The cars being ripped apart for a whole new front end and engine.
Project thread will be started aswell for the said ' engine ' vw PD 130 tdi engine

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That could be cool. Where did you actually get with this in the end? I remember kind of seeing it at one of Ash's meets and it doing a little wee and then nothing again.

Out of interest why the PD 130 and not 150? Judging by choosing the 130 the long term plan would be hybrid turbo and a bigger FMIC anyway kind of making the differences obsolete? Only other differences than turbo and IC are map and headbolts iirc?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Killed that engine after that lol. , it made it to clio sport saturday 2012 and started putting oil in the coolant. Fixed that.
Lasted a while. It lasted a year almost and to much boost killed it. 4 bent rods but still ran LOL
Its now got a reconditioned engine in. Plus new pump and injectors.

Pd130's are easier to get hold of as a complete engine ( ie all turbo alternator ect on ) plus engine loom and ecu.

Pd150s are abit like rocking horse shite to get hold of with everything on.

Cams and injectors are different bettween the two aswell.
altho they call the 150 ' chocolate cammed ' weak design on cams

Turbo is the same I think, IC different and yes the head bolts are stronger supposedly

Plan is to fit it, have Paul @ rstuning to remove the iMob from the ecu, EGR delete and then mapp it for straight through exhaust and 80% more nozzles and a v6 tdi big turbo.Should be around 190-220hp and 280- 320nm of torque.

Now take into account this is going into a Clio which weighs in far less than a golf tdi :D

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Turbo's are slightly different I'm sure of it but if you have them both built to hybrid spec then there is zero difference. But again I suppose that's completely irrelevant when you take into account you're swapping for the V6 unit.

I'm still convinced the cams are the same too :/

Either way I'd go PD over playing with the french lump. You'll end up with an engine running similar power to the standard PD engine once you've finished which just seems pointless. If you weren't looking at doing an engine swap then I'd 100% say go for it with the DCi engine but you can't beat a PD...

EDIT: Quick google shows the PD130 Turbo is a GT1749VA and the 150 a GT1749VB[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif].
[/FONT]

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Scrooge said the 150's have chocolate cams ( well in the Leon tdi ) never heard the 130's having the same issue.

I wouldnt know whats differnt without ripping both apart.

Im sure if I looked on the tdi forums more, it would all be explained

Edit: that's the difference then haha.

It would be fun to make the DCI lump become the stock power of the 130pd but I can see it taking a long time to make it work, when I can just wire the pd ecu into the Clio loom and just fire it up

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Aye I've also heard about the chocolate cams but I've been led to believe that they are infact the same across the whole 1.9 TDi range (well in the PD engines anyway).

That reminds me that Ant still hasn't taken me out in the Toledo. I'll have to remind him of that when I'm next down.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
If the cams become a problem, I'll fit the race cams I have at work somewhere, just means I have to buy the bearing kit for it again -.-

Either way, thoses engines take a proper beat'n and still go like a tank. If I did what the vw lads do to a pd, to the DCI lump, I would see a glowing red hot piston shoot out the bonnet.
Im still on board with the lads trying to make them more powerful. Just that Ive been working out the pd conversion since start of this year

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think finding a cheap way for the DCi to be tuned would be pretty cool as they're awesome daily drivers. I know next to f**k all about the Renault dervs so I'm of no use there but I'm quite interested in that thread AND obviously you throwing a PD into the clio.

I think it would be awesome. I assume you're running on the principle that if fitting a variation of the 20v into a Clio can be done then the PD must fit because it also fits in the cars the 20v comes from? Has it been done before btw or are you completely starting from scratch?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Scrooge said the 150's have chocolate cams ( well in the Leon tdi ) never heard the 130's having the same issue.

I wouldnt know whats differnt without ripping both apart.

Im sure if I looked on the tdi forums more, it would all be explained

Edit: that's the difference then haha.

It would be fun to make the DCI lump become the stock power of the 130pd but I can see it taking a long time to make it work, when I can just wire the pd ecu into the Clio loom and just fire it up

The 130 and 160 engine's were fine it was just the 150's that ate cams. I knew someone with one and it needed a whole new head setup. Cams, followers, valves the lot. Car never ran the same again after that and he ended up getting rid of it. Not good! I'm sure they're the only ones with that issue though

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah I think finding a cheap way for the DCi to be tuned would be pretty cool as they're awesome daily drivers. I know next to f**k all about the Renault dervs so I'm of no use there but I'm quite interested in that thread AND obviously you throwing a PD into the clio.

I think it would be awesome. I assume you're running on the principle that if fitting a variation of the 20v into a Clio can be done then the PD must fit because it also fits in the cars the 20v comes from? Has it been done before btw or are you completely starting from scratch?

I'm waiting to see how the DCI thread pans out before getting knee deep in car oil.

The pd will get done eventually even if I do the DCI mods. It's something Ive wanted to do for a while.

Near enough the same principle , I know the pd lump will not fit instantly in without the bay being modified and subframe. Gearbox will cause issues with clearance but I have a plan. also the pd is a big hefty fucker compared the the 20V lump

Its been done on the mk1/mk2 golfs as a coversions but never in a Clio, so what ever I find, I have to get around. Hopefully helping others in the future if they follow suite

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Mum said no to me but my best mates uncle that owns a garage said yes. Same guy that painted my DCI and let me use his ramp and tools to swap the engines over :)

On one condition he said, it has to work and keep up with his MG midget Ksieres turbo lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I need to find where I've read about the cams being the same across the board.
@Scrooge care to shed any light?

Cams were a problem with the 130s too, the 160 was later and has the improved cams that the later 150s had. it's not a massive problem if they're f**ked tbh. It also isn't as common as the internet leads you to believe, it's almost 100% incorrect oil that causes issues.

I just had an epic drive in mine, f**king love it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Really late 2003 so i'm guessing later, i've had the cam cover off countless times and zero wear so I think i'm all ok but then again I do a full service every 6 months with correct oil as it costs peanuts.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Cheaper than getting it from VW aswell :)

Dont think I've ever had the cam cover off the skoda, saying that it's only done 40k since 2006