ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182 Cup cleaned good!

Tav

Clio 197
Had my car detailed last week over two days. Skid who I know from the local VW forum did a fantastic job and I assisted where possible.

Before shots, plenty of B road jaunts and winter weather have kept the Clio looking dirty:

Picture001-6.jpg

Picture002-9.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Front wheel was particularly bad given that a broken CV boot clip had allowed grease to coat the wheel:

Picture009-6.jpg

Door shuts, petrol cap recess and engine bay were cleaned using Megs Heavy Duty Degreaser:

Picture010-4.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture012-4.jpg

Skid then set about snow foaming the car. Hi-vis fashion accessory is a must have!

Picture014-1.jpg

The car was sprayed down with Tardis to remove the copious amounts of tar spots. Here you can see a tar spot starting to run below the number plate:

Picture018-3.jpg

Picture020-2.jpg

Picture033-4.jpg

Picture038-3.jpg

Picture042-2.jpg

Picture046-2.jpg

Picture048-4.jpg

Picture049-3.jpg

Picture057-3.jpg

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Can only see swirls on what im presuming are the before shots...!

Looks really smart that.

Tav

Clio 197
My MacBook ran out of battery before I could complete the post...and I left my charger at uni, doh!

The car was corrected using a combination of a PC type polisher (only newer/better model; used for bumpers and lights) and a proper rotary polisher (skid in charge of that one! He hit all the large panels)

The 50/50 shots never came out well hence the lack of good close ups showing corrected paint, should be obvious in the well lit picss that it's been corrected. It was only a 2 day detail so some rids remain, swirls are all gone!

The bird poop was etched into the bonnet, door and roof. Shining example of why it should always be washed off ASAP, thankyou previous owner! The etchings and a few scratches were removed with wet sanding and machine polishing...hardcore!

Lots of steps have been missed out in this post (claying, polishing exhaust etc.) but the job was finished with Blackfire Fire Over Ice. It's a 3 stage process that's topped off with blackfire paste wax, works well on RB paint! I fact it was used on everything inc. plastics!

Cheers for offer Ali, taking my girlfriend to Glasgow for early valentines though. Count me in next time!

Ecka I've seen you a couple of times now (maybe at beach?) will pop a flash and a wave next time.

Duck me this took a long time ok am iPhone!

Trophy #490
Great turnaround, saw this on Detailing World I think aswell? Such a gorgeous colour is RB!
I'm wanting one of those Drivers Republic stickers too, can you buy them off the website? Thanks.

Tav

Clio 197
Driver's Republic stickers come in the membership packs, although they will be doing them on the site in future I think. They had lots of cool stick samples when I was round at their office including some huuuugeeee graphics for their cars, I really wanted one. You'd have seen the pictures on DW as Skid is a member on there and very much into his detailing, I'd have got nowhere without him and he did it at a very good price. Just need to do it justice and keep it clean.

Cheers for all the positive comments, I am SO glad I chose RB over the black/bean coloured cars I was looking at.