ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB182 project thread. From daily driver to weekend toy

Blimey, that was a whirlwind of a read. Glad it's finally running well for you. Fair play for sticking with it when many others wouldn't.

Thanks, by time the replacement engine had dropped a valve I had already got myself far too deep financially with it so had no real option except to get it sorted :)

Nice torque spread that, I think I am going to go for retimed 172 cams rather than 197 like he had before when the mrs has fitted the RS2 on our RB.

Will have to ask Mike nicely if he is up for timing them in for me to his latest specs.

Cheers Chip it pulls very well, Ideal for a road car which will end up doing the odd track day imo
I'm sure if you ask nicely Mike will time it up for you :p

What's the correct name for this colour? I know it's light blue but I can't seem to find a MK3 one in this colour anywhere and its frustrating haha!

Racing Blue:cool:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cheers Chip it pulls very well, Ideal for a road car which will end up doing the odd track day imo
I'm sure if you ask nicely Mike will time it up for you :p

Yeah this is my thinking, that as it does more road miles than track miles, the retimed 172 are a better combination, I know you said mike and charlie feel there is still a bit more to come but in all honestly what you have already I would be perfectly happy with for ours :)
I just need something that allows me to match the power to weight ratio of the williams trophy as thats the main thing I am likely to care about performance relative to on track, and I think our car with similar to your power at full road weight should be a match for their lightweight car on standard inlet and an RS tuner remap.