ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RE: New to forum/ Technical advice req'd please! -172 cup

Silver 172 cup
Hi,
new to this forum, currently driving a silver 172 cup small mods, owned a blue 172 cup back in 2009.

Main reason for joining was just to look for general hints and tips etc for owning and maintaining the clio and general advice.

Firstly need some advice on the situation with my cup as it has a couple of issues with it:
  • Cutting out when approaching a standstill from speed
  • Oil warning light appearing/oil requiring top up regularly (I am covering approx 12000 miles p/a at the moment, motorway.)
  • An 'exhaust-blowing' type noise however I have been advised this is probably more related to the idling (Which in turn may be related to the above?)
  • Speedo not working sometimes or being erratic.
I do love owning the car though, hence I bought my 2nd one.. just the reliability is becoming an issue and the above issues are becoming a bit irritating!

Only mods is a cheap air filter but does the trick and gives the growl noise I was looking for like my old blue one used to...

Test drove a 197 cup today but it just doesn't feel the same. Plus I outright own the 172 and can't be arsed getting into debt... And its probably quicker than the 197 :lolup:

Cheers,

Luke