ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really enjoying the new car!

BG 182
Hi all.

I've just bought my ClioSport membership now that I'm in possession of my first Clio.

Been driving since March and it's taking some getting used to driving this 182. I've been fairly sensible so far but the one of the few times I wasn't sensible I was looking down the lens of a speed van (now the wait begins :().

182-1.jpg

182-2.jpg

182-3.jpg

182-4.jpg

Anyway, the car has been fun in the short length of time I've had it.

I look forward to being a member here!

Kris

RS6 C7
So you have been passed less than a year, Have a 182 and now 3 points (most likely) Renewal will be a b**ch.

Nice car though and fair play to you.

BG 182
Plans one day would be simply a set of silver Turinis, but other than that I'm not (yet) that educated! As for the speed van incident, I'm wondering what the outcome will be.. it's suprising how quickly it breaks 30mph. I probably hit 40 and back again, but I'm hoping it was less than that. These vans are constantly operating aren't they? Annoyingly I've just been reading about a speed limiter function!

Insurance was a fair bit (£1250 fully comp) but I'll be hitting an age this year that will make it drop (should I not have 3 points). Hopefully I'll be offered a speed awareness course if I was caught.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I got a speed awareness course after 6 months of driving! Most boring course of my life!!!!!

BG 182
Quick question out of interest...

The exhaust on it is not OEM, replaced by previous owners for whatever reason. It's a custom made stainless steel cat back system. I presume this has to be declared? Would a replacement exhaust from your local garage need to be declared? Insurance boggles my mind. I've already been quoted an extra £100 for the window tints.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
There are plenty of tyre & exhaust places that'll put a one together for you out of mild steel,
it doesn't make it a performance exhaust, your one might be a decent make but,
just because you declare it doesn't mean you'll get an increase in your premium.

You just have to tell them about anything that isn't OEM.

BG 182
£91 for the exhaust, £100 for the tints.

edit: After getting off hold on the phone it seems it's only £160 for both, so it looks like the more you modify the cheaper it is! :banghead: :cool:

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks better with the cup wheels deffo. Leave out the turinis. How old are you?

I got caught doing 36 and didn't get option of awareness course :(

BG 182
I'm 24. I've seen my county offers the course, so if I did get caught, hopefully I get offered it. I just looked up Wolverhampton & I see they brought in the courses in Aug 2010 for West Midlands? Was it before that date?

FF 182
Hi mate, nice looking car.
If you have been caught speeding, hopefully you will be given the option of the speed awareness course.
I got caught 3 years ago doing 80mph on a 70mph Dual Carrigeway. Even though the course is available here I was not offered it. £60 and 3 points for me!!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm 24. I've seen my county offers the course, so if I did get caught, hopefully I get offered it. I just looked up Wolverhampton & I see they brought in the courses in Aug 2010 for West Midlands? Was it before that date?

It was before that date yes. Although I did get caught in Telford by the football club. Gutting thing was that the road used to be a 40 :-(

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If you do Go down the turinis or 2118's route I would have them in anthracite against the black gold. Silver doesn't suit turinis against black.

Silver turinis against arctic blue or titanium works I think.
Get a nice member off here to do you a photoshop of some in anthracite? I'm sure there's a few you could find though if you searched?
I know there's the one on here a week or so ago with anthracite 2118's on black gold, that looked awesome.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
17"s will be way too big. I think most go for 15's or 16's. You prefer anthracite on black gold yet? ;)