ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really low mpg?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I've had my 1.2 TCE for just over a week now and I'm really concerned about the mpg i've been getting.

It is claimed to get 38.2 urban (which my journeys usually are) but in my car I've been getting as low as 26mpg average.

I don't exactly drive like an arse and I usually take it easy, plus all the tyres are at the pressures they're supposed to be at, and it was only serviced in October last year?

Anyone else had the same problem? I'ts used almost a full tank of fuel in just over a week! :(

Clio RSI 1.6
Sure you don't just have a heavy right foot? Are you driving up to a bump at full speed, then braking at the last second and the same at junctions too? The claimed figures are usually what the pros can manage. lol

Fiesta ST2
I got the same on my old 1.2 TCE its because your nearly always on boost change at very low RPM and it'll rise glad I got the 197 Im getting 26.9 MPG atm!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Find a nice easy route tonight (no traffic) where you can sit at 60-70 for a good few miles. Dual carriageway, probably easiest. Accelerating is what uses most fuel for obvious reasons. When you're at speed, the engine has less work to do.

Reset the trip as you leave home, drive sensibly and see what happens. If it's still 26 after 10 miles of chilled out cruising maybe you've not found 4th or 5th gear yet, or perhaps a lambda has gone up the spout.

Report back with your findings ;-)

Twingo GT
An old thread I know, but did you ever find out if there was anything wrong, or are tce just thirsty?