ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really odd & a little hard to explain!

ClioSport 172
Basically my cars making a funny tapping kind of noise, not from the engine, but from what I think is the back passenger side wheel or there abouts, its hard to pinpoint it exactly because it only makes a noise when i'm moving. Think its constant, but you cant hear it over 30mph cause of the engine noise & the fact the tapping gets quicker. So because of the tapping quickening I thought something might be caught in the arch or something, but I cant see anything... now i'm a bit stuck!

Any ideas to what it could be?

Something stuck on the tyre, like a bit of tape or a twig?

I've had that and had to stop and remove it because it sounded stupid lol

Could also be a big stone stuck in the treads?

It's A Reno
Have u checked in the tread for grit / pebbles etc?

I had a pebble in my front tyre and the ticking drove me mad. It took me a few looks to find it.

Not much else really moves round there - if it goes quicker as you do, it must be wheel / brake disc related - take the wheel off if necessary and have a poke round the arch, and also go round the tyre carefully!

M

mini-valver

Carbon canistor? CV joint? Does it do it on full lock when parking?

Like Danny said, could be a pad loose in the carrier. Not dangerous, just annoying.

Megane dci 130
The CV boots come off I reckon, iv had it a few times. Look under there and make sure the clip that has come off isnt making this tapping noise as its touching the ABS ring.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
th_MOV00368.gif

ClioSport 172
I cant hear it over 30mph cause the tapping gets too quick, how would i know if it was a wheel bearing? Sorry to be a pain!

Least my mate jokes that noises are better from the back, cheaper to fix! lol

106 GTi
Had a ticking type noise in the 106 when the pads where falling out of the rear caliper.