ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear arch / Wheels

Put some new 15' Wheels on my mk1 today, Slammed it, Now some times the tyers rub on the lil Lip of the arch( Thats about 1/2 Cm big ),
Whats the easiest way to remove this ? I was thinking about angel grinding it tomorrow. Any ideas.

I dont no if bending/Hammering it round will fix the catching. ( I might try that before cutting)

remove shitpans, and tap inside the arch lip until its flat'ish, should sort it, btw what size tyres and how much u lowered it by?

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
i grinded my old clios 1s. just take ure time lol of it will look a bit w**k, 1 side was good 1 side wassnt.! and wear goggles cuz the sparks tend to get in ure face alot!. and ungerdeal where u cut soit dont rust.

ClioGav said:
remove sh*tpans, and tap inside the arch lip until its flat'ish, should sort it, btw what size tyres and how much u lowered it by?

How do i tell how much i have lowerd it by? I just slammed it lol

Rob_887 said:
How do i tell how much i have lowerd it by? I just slammed it lol

Dear god i bet its on the piss, get a side and rear photo up! lol

Cliokhunt it's a mk1, torsion bar

^^ haha you gotta be jokin never heard of that one in my life!

My 15s rub on only one side! lol wat a bumhole can't be bothered sorting it tho!

Yeah the clio's tend to catch on the left arch more, all my 3 clio's have done it before...something about the rear axle being slightly off centre? not sure if thats BS but its what i've heard.

Yeah think mines the drivers side it rubs think it is off centre as the passenger side seems to sit in just a tad further.... ah well!

It looks level :). I messured the Amount of tread at the top to the body work and its the same (Give or Take 1mm)

WTF blowtorch ????? Think i would remember if i used a blowtorch

Last edited:
JJsRT said:
haha bet you would! Street octanes look good matey... is that a k-tec rear bumper?

Whispers *yes* Whispers

Waits for the CS Mob to attack me :)

I still havnt got the nack of tacking the torsion bar out, (As i dont have the right tool)

I'm doing it with a bolt and pulling it with a rope lol.

threaded bar with a socket and nut is the easiest way to extract the torsion bars matey, just make sure that the socket is large enough for the splined bar to come out :)

i'm sure there's a guide on here somewhere

Yer i had a guide some where but cant find it :-(
I keep reading that 'blowtorch' Bit in post #9 i keep laughing for some reason lol. Where is he i want to know where he got that from lol.

Heres a picture of the side of the car :) Its Level belive me :) Don't no if it looks level on this picture as its in the garden on a hilly place.

Last edited: