ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake fitting problem 172, please help!

2003 Clio 172 cup
Hi chaps, I have been getting loads of good info from you guys so thanks but I am really perplexed by an issue I have with my rear brake replacement. I took off old discs, replaced pads in caliper, wound back pistons, put spacer on and then new disc, nut tightened to 175nm then put calipers and pads over disc no problem. I cannot however for the life of me make the caliper bolts mate up with the holes. There's plenty of space between the inside pads and piston the problem is that the outside pad is tight to the caliper wall and tight on the disc so there's no room to push it back towards the holes. If I leave the spacer out the disc goes back enough on the hub to align correctly. It's not the new discs as I can't get the old ones to fit either, could it be anything to do with the handbrake? It was in when I started but I have taken it off since whilst trying to figure it out. Thanks everyone

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
As above, Pull it towards you/away from car

Or put a screwdriver in holes and wiggle it around they will line up

Spacers are sided btw, tapered side towards car

2003 Clio 172 cup
Thanks guys that is fantastic if slightly humbling as I was vigorously patting myself on the back prior to the non alignment issue

2003 Clio 172 cup
Thanks guys that is fantastic, problem solved, gave the rest of the caliper a tug and lo it does indeed move! slightly humbling as I was vigorously patting myself on the back prior to the non alignment issue