ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brakes / Compensating Valve On 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
Hi Gents,
Right Here go's

My friend also has a 172 cup and i have compared it to his.... Ill explain,

I have lost my rear compensating valve spring on my clio cup. I have had my friends up which is also a clio cup the age difference is 2 months and his appears to be connected,

My rear Compensating Valve Spring is missing

Renault say i have to Buy the entire Compensating Valve as they do not sell the spring on its own

I am having a nightmare with renault

2 Questions....... Do i need this spring....Will it make a difference on a 172 Cup?

IF yes any ideas where i can get one

The car is due to MOT so if the rear spring is not fitted the rear brake will be almost none existant, this wil fail wont it?

Thanks in advance for the help......

Clio 172 Cup
Thats Brill, So the 172 Cups ... VIn Code CDF should not have the spring fitted!, Thats a load and £110 quid off my mind.. :) Nice one. Thanks Guys for you help on this one its very much apprciated, you have save me £110 quid....

I think this investment will have to go on some goodridge brake lines.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
And you can use the change to join up on here for a tenner and then you will have access to the Guide section with lots more useful information ;) Oh and if you join before you buy your break lines you will get discount with lots of retailers saving you even more cash LOL

Clio 172 Cup
Oh Also..... Anyone know where i can get the Goodridge Lines from...... With exceptional value? and yes if the saving is enough i will be joining.... also i am in need of to F ds2500 pads... as above....