ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brakes? Little help please

Ph1 172
Will be replacing all the pads and disk of my ph1 172 this weekend.

Quick question about the rears, will i need a special tool for winding the piston back into the caliper?

Paul

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Just to let you know the rear wheel bearings will need changing at the same time. Other tools needed is a press ..

330i. E30 Touring.
To wind the caliper piston in, just use a flathead screwdriver.

Make sure the handbrake is off, obviously.

Oh, and as above. Might be worth buying discs with the bearings already pressed in. Renault sell 'em for approx £100 for the pair.

Ph1 172
Thanx, was planning on getting disks with the bearings already fitted as I don't have a press at home.

I've also go to fit a new hand brake cable as its snapped.

Now Sold :-(
I've also go to fit a new hand brake cable as its snapped.

If I were you go to renault for the handbrake cable. My local, and usually reliable, motor factors supplied two different cables when mine went and neither fitted the car. Easy job once the correct cable was in hand.

Now Sold :-(
After speaking to those in the know I changed both cables even though only one of mine was broken. Each side is different but they cost about the same. Think I paid about £50 for the pair from my local Renault $tealer. The invoice was knocking about but the wife has filed it so may take some finding. If I can find it will give you the part no's.
If you give them your registration number they should find the part no's on their system.

Lionel Richie
you HAVE to change both cables now, there's a tech note about it, Renault released a moddified part that is slightly longer/stronger (and forgot to tell everyone!)

Ph1 172
cool cheers for the info guys. was planning to do both as the other side hasn't got any adjustment left in it and tbh looks a little tired :eek: lol