ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Cylinder Failure... Help!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
basically ma rear cylinder just went pop.. while racing which was rather sketchy.. anyway, clio is home in one piece..

Basically one question i wanna ask is: is it because i've been using DOT 5.1?

No.

If its drums at the back the pistosn are dirt cheap £14 or so for the Locus £16 for the Bosh ones. Dead east to fit if you've the proepr 1mm brajke spanner. Only thing to remember si to chnage the shoes realy at the same time there the same sort of price to the piston though.

If its calipers then its a bit more expensive whats eaxactly up with the brakes?

Dot 5.1 shoulnd't be used though it goes hydrolscopic ie it absorts water quickly so its only for race cars which have the fluid all the time it can rust the brakes using 5.1.

Lots of Alfas
No idea about 5.1 but its a common problem for the cylinders to go, They are straigt forward to do as edde says change the shoes and give the insides of the drum a clean.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i know but i have a long drive after work 2 moro... gonna fire it into the garage for them to do, will be cheaper than me loosing out on a days wages!

i knew i should have done them when a done ma bearings like 4k ago!

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
have both sides done, imo. both mine failed within a month of each other.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
good, good. lol. i learnt the hard way!. mine totaly locked up and i ended up with a flat spot on my tyre as a result.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
p.s. edde i take it u mean 11mm spanner.. i dont think i've ever seen a 1mm spanner in ma life! lol