ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear disc / bearing spacers

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
I have a question regarding the spacers which fit behind the bearing on the rear discs its an 04 clio. So I took the old discs off since the bearings where shot and bought a pack of discs with bearings included. Both sides had the spacers but the spacers flatside was facing towards the stub axle. Now last may I had a secondhand rear axle put on by guys who deal only in renaults so I wud assume then that this is correct? I also noticed in the haynes manual the flat side faces the stub axle...
But is this correct or is it actually supposed to be the other way around? Reason why I ask is because there on the car right now like that and if its wrong I would rather sort it before new bearings go bad lol

Flat side should be facing you to mate with the bearing and the curved side to follow the contour of the stub axle.

The spacer the other way round would make no sense.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Hmmm any pics at all bud? I dont understand how even a renault only garage could get this wrong?? I just replaced them as I saw them the same way around. I know they were the last ones to take them discs off due to the bent axle last may.

ajygegy6.jpg

So you want the flat side facing outwards, otherwise you're putting a curved thing against a flat side of the spacer so when you torque it up the spacer could get damaged etc.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Ahh think im getting confused. One side of the spacer sticks out and thats the flatside?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Ahh yer so i did get it right. Lmao. Was confused to hell. Yep torque'd to 175 as well. Tah lads

Clio 182
Yeah the bearing is pressed into the disc. Same difference haha.
I also just read that people had wobbly discs when forgetting to re fit these spacers and everything was done up tight... I don't have this mine is all right with no movement?!

Clio 182
This may be a stupid question but does the spacer not come with new set of discs? Or do you have to buy it seperately

PH2 172
This may be a stupid question but does the spacer not come with new set of discs? Or do you have to buy it seperately

No such thing as a stupid question ,only that stupid answers result in confusion.

The spacers are NOT included in an OE rear disc kit,and should not require replacement as they (the spacers) are a not a wear and tear item.
In the event that they are damaged or missing due to some numpty not being aware of their existance,they would have to be purchased as a seperate part(x2).