ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear discs - Bearings or not

Elise S1 B&C 140
Replacing the rear discs and pads on the 172, As far as im aware the bearings are fine (no noise or play in the wheel). Will it be ok to just replace the discs or shoud i be looking at replacing the whole assembly, i.e the discs with bearings etc.

The car has just clocked 40K is this a good time to replace the bearings, or is it a case of if it aint broke - dont fix.

cheers

ValverInBits
I've found that disks are often sold with the bearings ready pressed in.
Personally id replace. French cars go through bearings quick from my limited experience depending on how hard you corner em

clio 172
hi mate, from past experience, you need to heat, carefully with a blow torch, the old discs with the excisting wheel bearings in to expand the disc then the baering will just fall out. you wont need to heat the new disc to fit the bearing in just a bit of force, but make sure that they are pushed in straight otherwise your bearings wont last long.