ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear koni damper fitting help (pics)

Golf Gti edition 30
Im getting a slight crashy knock from the rear of my trophy after fitting the rear koni shocks when going over bumps.
I take it ive not done the correct proceedure of the washers,bumpstop etc ? heres the pics....

And heres what sits under in the wheel arch...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmmmm can you not fit the o.e bushes off your old shocks?

Usually there is 2 rubber bushes, one for underneath, one from above that 'sandwich' either side of the mount.

Edit, lookslike the Konis have their own set up,

Think from memory they go

plastic split washer (White)
shroud and bump stop
washer with recess down over wire clip on shaft
big flat washer
"squareish" rubber with rounded end on washer
car body
pyramid rubber small end at top
moulded washer
nut
I may have instructions somewhere but can't promise.

///M135i
They are a f**king nightmare mine have been knocking there cnut off since I got them fitted. They are fitted 100% as konis instructions.

PB172,dci100,dci65
I fitted my on saturday, i have issues with front but rears are fine.
I used the oem bushes, but i had to drill them to 11.75mm diameter sice the oem rod is thinner on the upper side. The little metal tube what was betweend the two mound went away as it does not fit on the rod.
I had a few creaks on one side but they stopped very quicky and is fine now.

Clio182
Sorry but that install above is just wrong!

The only part you should be reusing is the dust cover, which should be removed from the original bump stop. The larger metal washer should then be fitted inside the dust cover before the washer/cover is placed on the shaft as one piece.

SQ5
What Gaz quoted is correct. The only thing wrong I would say is that the rubber outside the car should have the domed side facing up.