ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear seat removal?

hi guys basically i've removed the bottom bit of my rear bench of my seats and i'd like to take out the top part

how do i get the top part out? on close inspection i can see there's a big beam with a plastic cover on it with 2x17mm head bolts holding it down and i basically have no idea if i need to take this out??

cheers
jonny.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
There is a large torx bolt going through the floor holding them in iirc.
fold them forward and you will see them on the floor.
think thats the only one?

right so if i take that bar out will i not loose the rear strength chassis support??

so it's just one big bolt to take out the seats?

i gave them a try, get so far then stop...best thing to do is work it back and forth as much as you can which'll generate a small ammount of heat to help it shift, also spraying alot of WD40

so if i move this bar out of my car it wont change anything?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
i gave them a try, get so far then stop...best thing to do is work it back and forth as much as you can which'll generate a small ammount of heat to help it shift, also spraying alot of WD40

so if i move this bar out of my car it wont change anything?

Nope quite a lot of people have removed them, without any probs.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
get some petrol and put it on the seat, and ignite with a match then it should be easy to remove once the material has been burned away

so to remove the rear bench i have to take the bottom 2 bolts out of that iso bar? then i can remove the rear seats?

200 cup & 106 GTi
Two bolts on the isofix bar, take that out, the plastic cover pulls off. Then where the rear seat splits, the bracket bolts to the floor with two torx bolts, take them out, then with the seat at the right angle it pulls upwards.