ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Speaker vibration!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
The passenger side rear speaker (by the seat) vibrates HORRIBLY and makes listening to decent music at vol 18+ pretty much impossible! i cant decide if its the speaker itself or the plastic cover??? Any ideas/suggestions?? I cant be the only person with this problem!

D

Dj Annihilation

The passenger side rear speaker (by the seat) vibrates HORRIBLY and makes listening to decent music at vol 18+ pretty much impossible! i cant decide if its the speaker itself or the plastic cover??? Any ideas/suggestions?? I cant be the only person with this problem!

I have this exact same problem, horrible sound. Sounds like it is the plastic cover but to be honest could easily be the speaker. Its something I need to check on mine.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
If it is the cover, a small line of silicone around the edges should stop it.

Are they standard speakers?

D

Dj Annihilation

mine are, thats why i thought it could be a quality issue...

Same issue with my car - definitely a bit of the plastic rather than the speaker on mine. I might even have a look at fixing it this weekend.

D

Dj Annihilation

i might have a go at this now....i currently have mine set to 80 to the front because of it

Mk2 172
Its a mixture of the rubbish speaker and hurrendous factory location and mounting application which is basically plastic. Fade it to the front.
Dont waste time improving rears as u will gain nothing :)

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Okay.. I know this thread is a bit old but I have some fairly powerful speakers in the front and back of my Clio. The rear is fine no vibrations at all but the front door cards are really noisy.. Can't really turn it up without the panels vibrating. Is there anyway I can fix or reduce this? I understand its an 11 year old car but I would like to be able to hear music over the road noise... :)