ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear subframe bolt captive nuts

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Are the rears the same as the front in respect that there is a cage which will require removing in order to get a spanner located on top ?

The fronts were a pain and i will be planning to fit locknuts when i refit

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah, slightly different size though.

Fronts are 16mm and rears are 18mm I think, or the other way round.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I couldnt remember from my 172 , i think i got lucky on the rears coming loose as i must have soaked them week before ! Stupid those cages , takes more time getting them off !

monaco 172
Yeh the rears are a pain In the arse, once you've got the cage off, it's a bit of a pain in the arse but you can just about get an open ended spanner In there at a funny angle

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeh the rears are a pain In the arse, once you've got the cage off, it's a bit of a pain in the arse but you can just about get an open ended spanner In there at a funny angle

Swan neck ring spanner you want so it clears the lip.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
20201019_193320.jpg

I got a stubby spanner on the rear and used extension bar to lock spanner in place. A it of plus gas and they came off a treat