ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear wheel shaking clio 172

Clio Sport 172
Hi Guys

Got my car back today after having paintwork done after a recent break in.

The guy who dropped it off to me pointed out i had a wobbling rear driver side wheel :-S

Does any one know why this may be? I have checked the wheel nuts and they seem to be fine, doesnt seem to affect the drive still smooth on nice roads.

Thanks
Steve M

Clio Sport 172
Hi, Update

Took it to the mechanic today and he said it was the wheel itself which was buckled, however I took the car to the tyre garage and they said the wheel was fine after attempting to balance it???

Do you think that its likely to be a bearing given the fact the wheel has no 'play' when its jacked up??

Thanks

Steve M

Clio Sport 172
you mean they may have done this in error?? He did take it to the balancing machine where it was reading as perfect?

The tyre guy said he had never seen the fitting which where behind the wheel when he removed it, they are the 172 cup wheels which have been on there the best part of a year and the fittings behind where a black ring and a thin silver one?

He checked the other rear wheel and this had the same fittings,

Golf GTD Mk7
He said they wobble, but do they? or has he just put the idea into your head now? If it's not the bearing or hub bolt and the wheel doesn't wobble when the car is jacked up, it can only be the wheel itself surely? Either that or you have been handbraking (god knows how as the RS handbrake is shocking) and caused a flat spot on the tyre ;)