ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasonable Quote? 2 x Front Springs + Suspension mounts and Track rod End.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Alrite fellas, more input needed :D

Quoted £100 to fit two front Springs along with new mounts plus track rod end.

Mate of a mate is doing it and it's a cash job ;) so he tells me but just wondering if that's a decent price?

Car is going in tomorrow once I get the suspension mounts.

What would a Garage charge for this work? anyone know.

Cheers.

Lionel Richie
That should be £50-60 for that, £100 is way over the top for 45min work

unless that includes any parts or is that just labour?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
That should be £50-60 for that, £100 is way over the top for 45min work

unless that includes any parts or is that just labour?
Hi Fred, just labour that Pal.

I just bought some Sportlines today from Demon Tweeks (lovely place!) and the track rod from Euro car parts with the Mounts coming tomorrow from Reno for circa £246.

Over the top then? here's me thinking mates rates :(

If anyone fancies doing this for what Fred say's around Manchester - suppose I could travel a bit also give us a shout asap!

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
its hours work provided nothing goes wrong....... and if he's including tracking at that (which with a track rod change it should) then I'd say 100 is fine but garage rates, not mates. ;)

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Give Birchdown a ring matey
Prob give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say.

its hours work provided nothing goes wrong....... and if he's including tracking at that (which with a track rod change it should) then I'd say 100 is fine but garage rates, not mates. ;)
Tracking isn't included and it sounds like now he's really just seeing me as another punter :(

If any lads round Manchester fancy doing it as I say give us a shout, cash waiting and free tea and biscuits :D

Archtronics

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Tbh it's a easy enough job to do yourself although ring around a few garages get some prices etc.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Tbh it's a easy enough job to do yourself although ring around a few garages get some prices etc.
Will do just that, surprised Birchdown didn't give me a price even if they are booked up but never mind.

One thing that's niggling at me is this... will the top/suspension mounts really need replacing when doing the Springs even though the MOT made no mention of them and I don't seem to have an issue there tbh just going off the Mechanics say so - not seen the car just mentioned change the Springs and he automatically mentioned mount.

I have bought two Genuine ones in case @ £65 :eek: but could always return them.

Cheers.

Archtronics

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Tbf Birchdown are great on price you just have to book a month in advance. ;)

As for the top mounts unless there perished or damaged I wouldn't bother replacing them personally but its your call.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Tbf Birchdown are great on price you just have to book a month in advance. ;)

As for the top mounts unless there perished or damaged I wouldn't bother replacing them personally but its your call.
I'm tending to go along with this as I don't have a problem as far as I am aware, just a bit narked that I jumped in a bought two because the Mechanic mentioned them! :dapprove: